96. the satellite station

"We take 'em out."

96. the satellite station

TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter contains mentions of sexual assualt, abuse and extreme violence

TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter contains mentions of sexual assualt, abuse and extreme violence. If you are sensitive to these themes, please proceed with caution.

QUINN

     WAITING IN THE DARKNESS WAS SLOWLY choking the bravery out of her. With each passing second she could feel her nerves growing and with every passing minute the realisation of what they were about to do was sinking in. She could barely feel her legs because of the squatted position she had taken in the bushes and she was convinced her heart was beating so loudly that it would alarm every person inside the building. Her hands were holding her Colt M4 in a grip so tight her knuckles were turning white and she was pretty sure she had been holding her breath ever since they left Alexandria this morning.

The only thing keeping her steady was Daryl, sitting so close to her that she could feel the warmth radiating from him. Multiple times through the night she had felt his hand lingering on her back, letting her know he was nearby, ready to catch her if she would fall. But she couldn't fall, she had to stay strong now. They had made this choice, despite Morgan and Milo's protests. So she had to stay strong for her brother and make sure they'd make it through the night. After that she could collapse, she could break and she wouldn't protest against Daryl trying to mend her. But for now, she had to pretend to be made of steel.