14. alarms

C H A P T E R  1 4

❛ alarms ❜

MILO

     THE CELL BLOCK WAS COLD AND EMPTY and no matter what he tried to tell himself, Milo was still locked up. He'd been freed from the cafeteria, but now he was forced to lock himself in a cell block. Once again trapped between empty grey walls without a way out.

Oscar, Axel and Milo had gotten rid of the corpses that had been left behind in the cells. They'd taken them out to the back and burned them, just as T-dog had suggested to them. After that Milo had chosen one of the cells to be his room and tried to clean the bloodstains the best as he could. But staying inside was slowly choking him and he just wished he could do something. But the other group didn't trust them with even the smallest of chores and their leader most certainly didn't trust them. He understood why, he just wished it was different.

More than anything he wanted to go out there and find his sister. The problem was he had no idea where to even begin. She was smart so she probably would've left the city at the start of the outbreak. Which meant she could literally be anywhere. If she was even alive at all...If he just could find a lead, something, anything he could use to help him find her. Instead he was sitting in this cell with not a single option.

'We could always try,' Axel's voice echoed through the empty cell block.

A small sigh left Milo his lips. Oscar and Axel had been arguing for hours now about trying to gain the other group's trust. None of them wanted to stay in this horrible cell block a minute longer with nothing to do but be haunted by the ghosts of their past.