92. the next world

"It's good, what you have here."

92. the next world

 the next world

QUINN

     THE MORNING FOG CLUNG TO HER CLOTHES like hands reaching out for a lifeline. Most of the community was still asleep but she had woken up early. Still rubbing the sleep from her eyes she walked through the streets towards the front gate. Today Rick and Daryl would go out to scavenge for food, medicine, anything they might come across. And it was necessary because their food situation was less than ideal. They had to start growing their own food soon, preferably before winter would arrive. Every store nearby had been raided and those that hadn't probably only had rotting food left on the shelves. Feeding a whole community definitely wasn't easy and so a scavenge trip was necessary.

While they would be out Quinn would work with Aaron to map out some routes in the area they could go to find more people. She didn't have to talk with Daryl to know he didn't like going out to find more people. The roles had all of a sudden become reversed. While her hope had been ignited when they found Morgan, his hope had been stomped out by both the Wolves attacking Alexandria and the crew he came across on the way back to Alexandria. Abraham had told the story, enjoying the details way too much, of how they were stopped by some pricks on bikes who demanded they gave up their stuff. Daryl had blown them to pieces and Quinn felt slightly disappointed she hadn't been there to witness it.