22. rescue mission

C H A P T E R   2 2

❛ rescue mission ❜

QUINN

    BY THE TIME THEY REACHED WOODBURY darkness had fallen. The group knelt behind one of the cars and Quinn could sense their awe when they took in the sight of the huge walls that protected the little town. They clearly were impressed, as well as a little worried because it seemed almost impossible to break in. Almost...

Rick studied the structure carefully, memorising it the best he could, trying to spot a weakness. Their task, however, wasn't going to get any easier by simply staring at the wall.

Michonne nudged Quinn's shoulder before turning around and disappearing into the darkness.

'Hey,' Rick whispered, noticing her leave.

Quinn stood up, following Michonne. She knew Milo would follow her and she could only hope the others trusted him enough to follow as well. Michonne wouldn't leave like this unless she had a plan.

Carefully they crossed the street, until they managed to sneak up behind one of the buildings on the edge of the town. One of the windows was broken. It was too high up for a walker to stumble through, but a human could climb their way up fairly easily.

Quinn threw a look over her shoulder and couldn't help but feel relieved at the sight of the others following them through the dark.

Michonne was the first one to climb through the window. Quinn followed her friend and once they were all inside Michonne led them through the hallways of the building and into a room filled with tables and chairs. It reminded her of a school cafeteria.