54. us

54. us

 us

MILO

     THEIR GUNSHOTS ECHOED LOUDLY THROUGH the tunnel as the walkers fell down like flies. He narrowed against the headlights of the car as he raised his gun, shooting straight in the head of another corpse each time. And even after it was over, the echo of the gunshots seemed to linger a for a while.

But as the silence returned his eyes fell on Glenn, sitting in the corner of the fallen debris from the roof. Slowly he stood up, turning around as he shielded his eyes against the lights of the car.

Next to him Maggie dropped her gun on the ground, storming forwards and taking Glenn in her arms, sobbing as she was reunited with her husband.

A smile appeared on his face as he watched the two of them and he turned to look at Bob and Sasha who wore equally wide smiles. Then his gaze wondered to Abraham, Rosita and Eugene and he gave them a thankful nod. The four survivors were just outside the tunnel when those three came up to them, telling them about Glenn and the girl he was with, Tara. And they had rushed back inside the tunnel, just in time to safe Glenn and Tara from being eaten alive.

Milo honestly couldn't believe they did it, that husband and wife were reunited again. It warmed his heart but at the same time it pained him, as Quinn appeared in his thoughts. He missed her, so damn much and more than anything in the world he wished to be reunited with her.

While Maggie and Glenn hugged and kissed each other the rest of them got a fire going and started preparing a meal as they decided to stay inside the tunnel for the night. Rosita went out to secure the end of the tunnel and make sure no unexpected guests would decide to pay them a visit.

He sat down by the fire, next to Bob. Glenn and Maggie were dragging away the walkers, throwing them on one big pile. He looked away from it, staring into the flames instead.

'So, where are you three headed?' Sasha asked Abraham.

The ginger looked at her and then gestured at Eugene. 'We're headed to Washington. Eugene here is a scientist and he knows what caused this damm mess. It's our mission to get his butt there alive so he can fix it, save all our sorry butts.' He looked between the three of them before adding. 'It could be your mission too.'

Milo opened his mouth only to close it again, words couldn't even describe what he was feeling. He thought it was a mystery. He thought nobody knew what had happened and nobody could fix it. But now there turned out to be some scientist who knew exactly what was going on and better yet, knew how to stop it. It didn't make sense.