42. old enemies, new feuds

42.
old enemies, new feuds

QUINN

     BENDING DOWN SHE TOOK A HOLD OF THE corpse its feet, lifting its legs up so she could drag it over towards the car. The morning sun shone its light down on her as she worked to get rid of all the bodies that Rick, Milo and Carl had left in the courtyard.

Michonne was standing on the trailer, reaching out to the corpse in Quinn's hands and helping her put it on the ever growing pile that was already placed on the trailer.

'You need some help with that?' The familiar accent of Rick Grimes echoed through the morning air. Quinn turned to look at him, he seemed tired but satisfied. As he should be because she heard the medicine had already started working on some of the infected.

'No,' Michonne answered. 'Do your thing.'

Nodding Rick turned around, heading towards the gardens to return to his work of being a farmer.

'We could've used an extra set of hands,' Quinn said, jumping down from the trailer and walking over to where the last corpse lay on the concrete.

'Nah,' Michonne said, smiling slightly. 'We got it. Let the man return to his plants.'

Chuckling, Quinn shook her head before bending down and taking the corpse its arms, pulling it up and dragging it towards the car where Michonne helped to lift it up.

'You heading out?' The tired voice of Hershel spoke from behind them, making the two women turn to look at him.

'You want to come?' Quinn asked him.

Hershel stared at her, seeming to consider the offer, before nodding finally. 'Hell yeah,' he said, a small smile forming on his features. Opening the door of the car, he sat down in the passengers seat.

Quinn climbed in the back and let Michonne take place behind the wheel. She started the engine, driving the car down towards the gate, which Milo opened for them. She gave her brother a small wave as they drove passed him outside, into the forest.

Michonne pulled the car to a stop and they started unloading the corpses, throwing them on a big pile. Soon her back was hurting and her arms aching but she kept her mouth shut and continued the work. Finally they had unloaded them all and she let out a heavy sigh. While Hershel and Michonne threw some gasoline on the pile, she lit a match. And when they were done she threw it between the bodies and took a step back, watching as the fire devoured their flesh.