40. pharmacy run

40.
pharmacy run

QUINN

     SHINING HER FLASHLIGHT THROUGH THE DARKNESS she followed Daryl inside the garage. Bob was right behind her, holding his gun up as they entered the building.

'Here we go,' Daryl's voice echoed through the dusty place. He walked towards a shelf, putting his crossbow down and took a car battery off the shelf.

Bob walked towards him, inspecting the battery. 'Mmm, cells look pretty dry.'

She didn't even bother to try and look at it. She had zero knowledge about cars, though nowadays she wished she had.

'A little distilled water will clear that right up,' Daryl replied.

Turning around she walked down the shelfs, inspecting them for anything that might be useful. But except for car parts there wasn't anything special.

Footsteps sounded behind her and she turned to see Daryl walk up to her, shining his flashlight right in her eyes. A frustrated sigh left her lips as she looked away from the light, her eyes going back to the shelves.

Daryl walked passed her, shining his light around before stopping. 'That's puke,' he said, making Quinn turn to look at him. On the ground was a colored spot of something that had been puke long ago. Next to it lay a jerrycan of some car cleaning stuff.

'Those douchebags in the vines took themselves out, holding hands,' Daryl said. 'Kumbaya style.'

She frowned at the mocking tone in his voice and Bob didn't seem to agree with him either. 'They wanted to go out together same as they lived. That make 'em douchebags?'

'It does if they could have gotten out,' Daryl replied.

'You don't know what happened,' Quinn said, still frowning at him as she watched him pick up a jerrycan with filled with water. 'If this was what they wanted to do, who are you to question it?'

He simply narrowed at her with his piercing blue eyes, mumbling something she couldn't make out before turning around the corner of the row made out shelves.

Quinn shared a brief glare with Bob, deciding to let it go as she followed Daryl. She frowned when she noticed a walker lying on the ground, burried underneath a fallen shelf. Taking a deep breath she looked away and walked outside, followed by the two men.