17. games we play

C H A P T E R  17

❛  games we play ❜

QUINN

     HOWEVER MUCH QUINN DISTRUSTED WOODBURY, she had to admit the showers were a blessing. The moment the warm water touched her back a satisfied sigh left her lips. It was almost funny how an apocalypse made you miss the simplest of things. Like the taste of chocolate, the softness of a pillow and a lovely warm shower.

After a few minutes she forced herself to turn the water off, remembering the Governor's words about showering for too long. Grabbing a towel she dried herself before putting her own clothes back on. She'd refused to wear the new clothes that had been readied for them, instead content with washing her own and wearing those. She couldn't exactly say why she'd done it. Maybe she simply feared making these people think she actually wanted to stay here.

She turned in a small circle around the room, checking if she hadn't forgotten anything, a habit she had picked up everytime they broke up their camp in the woods.

Andrea and Michonne had already left the room, which didn't surprise Quinn. It was almost twelve o'clock when she finally woke up. Her body needed rest, and she did feel surprisingly well. She could only hope the fever wouldn't return again and the pills that the doctor gave her would actually work.

She made sure she closed the door behind her before making her way down the hall. As she turned around the corner however a startled gasp left her lips as she almost walked right into a much taller person. It was Merle.

'Look at that, our patient, up and about,' he said, looking down at her. 'I was just looking for ya.'

Quinn frowned. 'Why?'