**TEASER** for Upcoming Chapter Our War

Author's Note:
How I have missed you all!!❤️ Please enjoy reading!

Recap:

"My wolf claimed you as our mate but I thought she was merely mistaken."

"Yvonne, my wolf claimed you as soon as I saw you."

She shook her head, "My wolf didn't start to recognize you as mate until after I was heat. I guess that explains why your touch soothes my pain and my wolf. "

"Yvonne my emotions are running wild and my thoughts are the same. I think we need to discuss this another time when my mind is clear.. Okay?"

She nodded, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the bed. "Just don't leave me please."

I sat on the bed as she laid herself in my lap, I rubbed her cheek with the back of my hand pushing the hair from her face. I turned the tv on to cartoons and just twiddled with her hair.

I listened to her heavy breathing with a few groans of pain, I watched her squirm in pain, I breathed in her sweet smell. Only to remember she is not mine. .Even so I will protect her, no matter what.

"Yvonne, I Love You." Those words.. They slipped from my mouth like a venemous snake.. She was silent and still.

I looked down leaning forward a little to get a glimpse of her face.

She is sound asleep.
———————————————————————————

Ashton's P.O.V.

I lifted her up and laid her softly on the bed. She started to whimper in her sleep as her face scrunched up. I graze my fingers across her cheek as her whimpers become silent. I moved her hair to the side and lightly clasped a silver and red necklace around her neck.
"Dom, please be okay and return to her side."
I look back down to Yvonne's face as sweat rolls down her forehead. I grab the cold wet towel, setting it against her. All night I stood at her side.

**Next Day**

Yvonne's P.O.V.

My wolf and I cry in pain.. it feels as if my whole body is on fire.  I slowly open my eyes to see Ashton holding a cold towel to my forehead with bags under his eyes. "Did you stay up all night?"

He nods, I looked at his tired eyes "You must be exhausted. Please get some rest, I'm fine."

He chuckles, "Shut up you doofus. Stop lying you were just crying in your sleep. Now lay down and let me take care of you."

"Shouldn't we keep moving?"
He shakes his head, "Lay down." I start to pull myself up off the bed. "But Ashton we have to keep moving or they will find us."
He squeezes my hand, "Trust me. We don't need to go anywhere."
"But my smell.."
He starts laughing, "Yvonne with your stench they would of found us a long time ago. Dom gave me our mother's necklace that masks scents to give to you."

I look down to my chest, to see a necklace with silver gems and a big red one in the center of the necklace. I pick it up with my finger tips, "It's so beautiful.."

Ashton smiles, "Our father got the necklace made for our mother early in their relationship to protect her from other packs. She never took it off and before she passed away she gave it to Dom for his future mate and wife."
I pull myself up, wrapping my arms around Ashton's neck. "Thank you for taking care of me Ashton."

I felt him lightly pull away, grabbing me by my shoulders and laying my back down. "Yeah yeah.. just know both you and Dom owe me. Big time!"

Dominick's P.O.V.

"Go now!!"
"Alpha, they have involved another pack for assistance.. We are greatly out numbered, what do we do?"
I run my fingers through my hair, "This must have been planned a long time ago..How dare they plan to create alliances to annihilate our pack.. Listen, we need to rely on our strengths and strategic tactics at this point. Get the generals ready to retreat just enough for the enemy to follow into our trap. I'm going to have to call in a favor."

"Yes Alpha!"
I couldn't help but to think of Yvonne and the pain she must be in right now.. I have know how she is doing, I quickly mind linked Ashton. "How is she doing? Is she safe?"

"Yes Dom. She is sleeping right now. I gave her mother's necklace."

"Good. Please tell her I love her and will be seeing her very soon."

"Dom hurry up and squash this weak pack. Yvonne needs you."

"Ashton, it's gotten a little more complicated. There were alliances created so we are greatly outnumbered."

"Come to Yvonne. I'll take over."

"No Ashton. I must finish this."

"Dom. Yvonne needs you. She is in pain."

"I know. I know. But what about my people? I cannot just leave them.."

"Alpha!!! The ambush failed! They are closing in on us!"

I felt my heart drop, "I will lead us."

"But Alpha.. you must escape and let us hold them off."

"Rolando you have been my Beta just as long as I have been Alpha. You know that we are not a pack that runs but we face every obstacle head on."
"Yes Alpha."

Ashton's P.O.V.

What is wrong with him!? His mate is here in pain going through heat and he refuses to come home! I walked back and forth from the door to the bed.

"Ashton, stop pacing." I hear Yvonne spat in a weak voice.

"I'm sorry Yvonne. I wish Dom would come be by your side or that I could help you.."

She smiles lightly, "I understand him.. This is his pack. His people.. He must lead them and be there for them. He is being a good Alpha and I am very proud of him."

"Really? You aren't mad?"

"No I'm not mad. Like I said I'm very proud of the man he is."

"Yvonne, Dom is very lucky to have you as his mate."

She giggles, " Yes he is!" I smile at her frail weak face as she get the energy to laugh ever so lightly.

"Ashton?"

"Yes?"

"I think we should talk about why my wolf keeps mistaking you as our mate."

"Yvonne not now. We can talk about it later."

"But-."

"No Yvonne. Get some rest."

I quickly got up from the side of the bed walking across the room. I cannot handle her rejection right now, I just want to enjoy the little time I have with her.

———————————————————————————

Hello!! Here's a little teaser into our next chapter titled Our War! I am super excited for this chapter to come out! We have been working on it for such a long time and I know you all will love it!

Please continue to read!
❤️❤️❤️