The Wedding (Part I)

RECAP:

He chuckles, "Don't worry I have decided that I will only take it if you ask me to do so. I want to hear you say the words that you vowed you would never say.. You will voluntarily give yourself to me.."

I turn my face away from him, "Jack, I would die before that ever happens."

"We will see. I suggest you get some rest we have our wedding tomorrow.."

"What makes you think I will go through with it now that you have released the pack members?"

"Well for one Ashton and  I have not yet signed a treaty and I think you will find our surprise guests tomorrow as more than enough persuasion.."

I attempt to stand up but feel myself getting dizzy and losing my balance. Jack's arms wrap around me, "You are still weak from the pain I advise you to reframe from getting worked up and using the little energy you have."

I look into Jack's eyes, "Why are you doing this to me? Why do you hate me so much?"

He rubs my cheek with the back of his hand, "I do all of this for you because I love you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is not love! I don't know how many times I need to tell you this!"

His grip becomes tighter around me and one of his hands touches the side of my face, "I have loved you for as long as I can remember Yvonne.."

"It has never been love Jack! You see me as an object.."

I feel his hand go from gently rubbing my face to clasping my jaw, "You think you know what love is? What because you were with Dominick?! You think that is love?! No Yvonne it is not. You are told what to feel by the Moon Goddess.. Those are not your actual feelings!"

"Jack, you don't know anything about the relationship Dominick and I had!"

"Yvonne, I do not love you because I was made to feel that way.. Do you understand?"

I yank away from his grip, "You love power.. That's what you love!"

He chuckles, "I have given up so much for you.. When it came to you Yvonne.. Power and wealth was never enough."

"Jack, do you not remember our first date? How you threatened my family and traumatized me.. I have never forgotten that day or how you made me feel.. I despise you."

I look into his dark eyes as he lets me fall to the ground.

"Yvonne, you don't understand how I felt when you didn't even recognize me.. I despised you in that moment for forgetting me as all I thought about was you! All you recall is that date where your family used you and threw you to me like scraps!"

"Shut up! Shut up!!" I scream..

He kneels down to the group and grabs my hands into his, "Yvonne, I was angry.. I honestly thought you would of remembered me and we would of-"

"We would of what Jack?! You are not that young boy I met in those woods.. You do understand that don't you?"

"Of course neither of us are the exact same people we were as children but Yvonne that light inside you that I was drawn to is still inside you today."

"Jack-"

He presses his lips to mine as his hands gently grip the sides of my face.

I sat there with no reaction.. I am exhausted and I refuse to let anyone else get hurt.