Our War (Part 1)

Hello My Lovelies!

I hope your summer is going well! Please enjoy reading this chapter next part will be released soon!❤️
____________________________________

Recap:

Ashton's P.O.V.

What is wrong with him!? His mate is here in pain going through heat and he refuses to come home! I walked back and forth from the door to the bed.

"Ashton, stop pacing." I hear Yvonne spat in a weak voice.

"I'm sorry Yvonne. I wish Dom would come be by your side or that I could help you.."

She smiles lightly, "I understand him.. This is his pack. His people.. He must lead them and be there for them. He is being a good Alpha and I am very proud of him."

"Really? You aren't mad?"

"No I'm not mad. Like I said I'm very proud of the man he is."

"Yvonne, Dom is very lucky to have you as his mate."

She giggles, " Yes he is!" I smile at her frail weak face as she get the energy to laugh ever so lightly.

"Ashton?"

"Yes?"

"I think we should talk about why my wolf keeps mistaking you as our mate."

"Yvonne not now. We can talk about it later."

"But-."

"No Yvonne. Get some rest."I quickly got up from the side of the bed walking across the room. I cannot handle her rejection right now, I just want to enjoy the little time I have with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart tightened and a shot of pain rushed to my chest. I dropped to my knees in agony as I gripped my chest. What is going on with me?! I cried out in pain as the pain only heightened and deepened in my chest.

I felt two small frail hands grip my forearm, "Ashton? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I could hear the panic in her voice and it brought me some comfort to know she was worried about me.. she cared about me.

My vision was blurred as I looked up at Yvonne's face and then it all went black..

There was nothing but darkness.. never ending darkness and it was consuming me. I felt like I was in this state forever that is until I felt a drop of water hit my face.
One after another..

I saw a light.. finally there was light. There she was above me with her hands over her face. My eyes blinked a few times and once again I felt those drops hit my face.. It was Yvonne's tears.

I touched her arm, he head shot up from her hands. "Ashton!" She wrapped her arms around me as I laid there, squeezing me tightly, and crying into my chest.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I whisper folding my arms around her. She looks up at me with blood shot eyes and a red face. I could see the irritation under her eyes from crying and the friction of rubbing her eyes.

"Ashton your heart stopped beating.. you weren't breathing. I didn't know what to do so I called 911 but you weren't moving or anything. I was so scared I had lost you Ashton. Ashton what would I have done if I had lost you?"

I sat up, pulling her into my arms and cradling her body in my lap. "I'm sorry I scared you like that Yvonne. I don't know what happened, I felt this pain in my chest and it all went black."