Prophecy (Part II)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Can't believe how fast it came and went! Yikes! Anyways, I am happy to finally give you guys the next part to Prophecy! Super excited to see what you all think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton's P.O.V

I keep thinking back to that very day I lost my mother.. It just keeps repeating and repeating. It's like a nightmare I cannot escape!

I lay there looking up at the ceiling in a hot sweat. I need to get out of here..

I throw on a blue hoodie with my black sweat pants and some black tennis. I just need to get out of this room..

I grab my pack of cigarettes and a liter off my dresser. I open it up to see its still a full pack, I guess I haven't smoked in awhile ..

I go down the steps and out the door, sitting on the porch under the light. I remember my mother always talked about expanding the front of the house to have a huge porch with a bench or a small swinging bench with flowers surround it... She wanted a huge patio. I shook my head trying to get all of those thoughts out of my head.

I took out my cigarettes and lighter from my pocket. Putting one cigarette in my mouth.

I felt the cigarette yanked out of my mouth and I looked up to see Yvonne.

"I thought you were done smoking?" She muttered, sitting down next to me on the porch.

"When did I ever say that?" I look to her snatching the cigarette back.

She shrugs, "I just figured you haven't smoked in awhile and that you decided to quit."

I could hear my thoughts getting out of hand, 'well, I thought I had found something I was much more addicted to.. but I guess I was wrong.'

I shake my thought away, "Well, looks like you were wrong." I take my fingers and thump her in the middle of her forehead.

Her hand shoots up to her forehead as her face scrunches up. "Stop that!"

She slaps my hand away, "Why aren't you sleeping?"

I look down at the pavement, "I just couldn't sleep that's all. I thought I'd come out here for some fresh air and a smoke to destress."

She nods, "Are you sure that is all? You looked pretty upset when I saw you sitting her by yourself."

"Yes, I am fine." I put the cigarette back in my mouth and look over to see her shivering in her little pink shorts and matching t-shirt.

I sigh, "Hey, come on lets get inside. It's chilly out here."

She looks down at he cigarette in my hand, "I thought you were going to smoke?"

"I'm getting cold out here so I don't feel like it anymore."

She smiles and jumps up, "Good!"

I stand up opening the door for her, "Go get some rest."

I shut the door behind me and lock it only to turn around and see her still standing there.

"I'm not tired. Are you?"

I shake my head, "No, I guess not."

"Want to watch a movie in the living room with me?"

"Sure, but only one movie and off to bed we go okay?"

She smiles, "Okay!" She dashes to the living room and I follow.

She jumps on the couch sitting criss-cross apple sauce on the right end. I walk over handing her the remote, "Put on whatever you'd like."