Chapter 3

the next day

She takes a deep breath before walking into the office and Leila stops in her tracks surprised to see Bruno sitting behind her desk and he gets up and goes and stands by the window behind her desk and he says morning and she replies morning to him and walks to her desk and puts her handbag on her desk and sits down and sighs and wonders, of all mornings for Bruno to be up and in the office early, why did it have to be this morning and she's about to switch on the pc when Bruno tells her, wait and he walks over and sits on the corner of her desk and tells her, we really need to talk Leila and I know this is going to be our only real chance to talk about us before you leave to go spend the weekend with your family and she tells him, i've thought about everything you said but I can't tell you what you want to hear Bruno, I can't say ok, lets give whatever there is between us a shot because I don't know, I need more time to think and Bruno tells her, I get it and i'll give you more time, but i've been thinking about what you said too, that you've thought of us being together and you can't forget our kiss, just like me and seeing you blush now I don't need to ask what you've been thinking about us doing and he walks over to his own desk and sits down smirking at her and Leila can't say anything because she doesn't know what to say to him and Leila realises that until this is resolved one way or another between them, it could rip them apart and that's the last thing that she wants.

She was clock watching and has been since her conversation with Bruno and Leila can't wait for noon to come which is when she'll be leaving for the airport to go to Boston to see her family and she has just under 2 more hours to go, which can't come soon enough.

She has all the mail ready to post on her way to the airport and is getting ready to leave when the editor of Rolling Stones magazine calls wanting an answer from Bruno whether or not he's willing to do the interview with them that they had first approached him about nearly 2 weeks ago as they have a dead line and she writes who's on the phone on a postit and holds it up for Bruno to see and he shakes his head no and she tells the editor that Bruno is in a meeting but she'll let him know that they need a decision asap and she ends the call and gathers her things and the mail and she walks over to Bruno's desk and tells him, it's unlike you to take so long to decide whether or not your going to do an interview and she asks him, what's holding you back and Bruno tells her, I know and I like the magazine and i've enjoyed doing interviews with them before, but what I don't like this time is that they want to interview me in my home this time and take photos and i'm not willing to do that, out in public I have no privacy but home is mine and private and i'm not willing to share it with the world and Leila knows how much privacy means to Bruno and she wants to give Bruno a hug but because of what's going on between them she doesn't feel that she can or should so instead she tells him, look, I get it, but the way I see it you either tell them you don't want to do it or tell them yes but not here at your home, they're hardly going to say no to the number 1 stunna Bruno Mars, they're lucky to get you any way they can and Bruno laughs and she tells him, they really need an answer from you and Bruno tells her, I appreciate your advice and you're right, i'll tell them yes but with a different venue and see what they say and he gets up and walks over to her and stops in front of her and tells her, I hope you have a good time with your family this weekend and I also hope you get to think about us and this is in case you need a reminder he tells her before slipping his arms around her and kissing her.

She keeps her mind focused on remembering to post the mail on the way to the airport but now on the plane all Leila can think about is Bruno and everything that has happened between them in the last 3 days and how she has missed him being 1 of her best friends and she hates not knowing how to be around him anymore.