chapter 100

2 weeks later

He feels closer than ever to Leila again, she's eating normally again and she's finally gained back all the weight she'd lost, she looks healthy again, she looks great and her depression is better and for almost 3 weeks now she's been more comfortable being naked with him and in front of him and she's confident about the way she looks again which he loves and she finally told him everything on Tuesday that he's heard her tell Martha in her therapy sessions, not that Leila knows that of course, it's great that he doesn't have to pretend not to know what he knows from spying on Leila's therapy sessions anymore, Leila had told him how she feels about drinking, what Martha had told her and that she's not going to drink spirits again, she's going to see if she can drink wine and champagne like she used to but if memories of how she drank in Mexico and the craving to feel the burn from spirits continues then she won't drink at all and he knows Leila is relieved not to have to tell him she's tired when she's not in the mood for sex anymore, which has only happened 3 times since they started having sex again, they've been having sex at least 3 times a day like they used to before Jaime fucked with their lives and he knows Leila is glad that her sex drive is almost like it used to be since they started having sex again and she'd told him that she's scared that someone else in his family will come after him and he'd told her that he's worried about that too and Leila had told him about that fucking voice in her head and that Martha had convinced her that it's her inner voice that she's been hearing and she's been using it subconsciously to punish herself for leaving him but it's not as vocal as it use to be and Martha told her that if she can forgive herself for leaving him then her inner voice should go back to how it use to be and he'd told Leila that she shouldn't feel guilty, she'd left him to protect his career and his relationship with his family and he'd begged her to forgive herself and she'd told him she'll try and Bruno hopes she can.

He knows Leila isn't telling him something and whatever it is, she wouldn't tell Martha when she'd asked her what was bothering her yesterday, because like him, Martha could see that something is bothering Leila but all Leila would tell Martha is that she had finally told him everything and she's not going to keep things from him anymore and what's bothering her is an idea she has that she can only talk to him about which she's going to do when they get home from visiting his family as he's feeling uneasy about spending time with his family like she is and she doesn't want to add to that and Bruno wishes that Leila would just tell him now, he'd told Leila last night that he can tell something is troubling her and she'd told him that she has an idea and she'll tell him about it when they get home from Hawaii and he couldn't get her to change her mind and like him she'd slept badly last night and she's barely said a word since they got on this damn plane this morning.

She feels so fucking tired and uncomfortable and Leila knows she has no one but herself to blame, she'd finally tried a pair of her jeans on this morning and they fit her like they used to and she couldn't bring herself to take them off, she's sick of wearing leggings, she usually doesn't wear jeans when she travels because she finds them uncomfortable to sleep in, which is why she can't sleep now and she yawns and Leila looks at Bruno when he says her name, he looks as tired as she feels and he tells her, we're both tired baby and I know you hate sleeping in jeans and there's a big comfy bed on this plane calling our names, lets go and Leila thinks why not and she tells Bruno, i'm in and they get up from their seats and Bruno clasps her right hand and leads her to the bedroom.

She takes her shoes and jeans off and she puts her jeans over the chair near the window and she sees Bruno lying on top of the bed watching her, she knows that look in his eyes and on his face well and Leila laughs a little and tells Bruno as she walks over to the bed, don't even think about starting with me, I need to sleep and she yawns and lies down on the bed beside him and Bruno pulls her closer to him and she rests her left arm over his chest just as Bruno rests his right hand on her hip and he kisses her and tells her, relax, i'm too tired to have sex and Leila smiles and tells Bruno, i've never known you to be too tired for sex and she asks him teasingly as she touches his forehead that feels cool to the touch, are you feeling alright horndog and Bruno laughs and tells her, wait, I think i'm getting a second wind, so don't start with me baby or i'll show you how alright I am and Leila knows Bruno isn't playing with her and she tells him, no, that's alright, I believe you and she closes her eyes and Bruno laughs, kisses her head and calls her a chicken and Leila knows he right and doesn't say a word.