Chapter 104 Part 1

Mon

15 days later

She hugs her mom and her dad tells her brother Jordan to get away from the window and Jordan tells their dad, the paparazzi are still hanging around outside and Leila sighs and she tells Jordan, that's why me and Bruno are saying goodbye to all of you in the house and her sister Olivia looks nervous as she asks her, will they go away when you and Bruno leave and Leila goes over to her sister and she tells her, yes, they'll go away when we leave Olivia so just ignore them and her brother Jordan laughs and tells Olivia, you're being dumb to be scared over a bunch of losers who have been hanging around outside our house since Thursday night just because Bruno was spotted at the bowling alley with us and they haven't got shit to show for it and Leila can't help laughing at her brother's obvious disgust with the paparazzi and Bruno laughs too and her mom tells Jordan, don't call your sister dumb and watch your language and Jordan tells their mom, sorry mom and Leila pulls Jordan into her arms, hugs him hard and tells him, i'm going to miss you bro and Leila looks at her mom, dad and sister and tells them, i'm going to miss all of you and Jordan pulls back from her hug and tells her, i'm going to miss you too sis, it's been cool having you and Bruno here and her mom tells her and Bruno, we're all going to miss you 2, it's been great having you both here, I know you 2 had planned to spend a week with us and leave on Saturday but i'm so glad we got to have you for another 2 days and you spent the 4th of July with us on Saturday, I just hope that didn't mess up any plans with your family Bruno or cause any trouble and Bruno comes over to her and puts his arm around her shoulders and tells her mom, we've loved being here with you all and my family were fine about us spending the 4th of July here with you and Leila clears her throat and coughs to stop herself from laughing because Bruno's sisters had been pissed off that they wouldn't be spending the 4th of July with them on Saturday and Bruno had told them to deal with it and had hung up on them and he'd told her that he'd rather they spend 2 extra days with her family and relax and have fun with them instead of being with his family and feeling distrustful, worried, stressed and uncomfortable with them until they take the lie detector test and Leila had agreed with him.

She takes 1 last look at her family in the lounge and just as she's about to walk out of the lounge with Bruno and leave and go to the airport her sister Olivia shouts, wait Leila and she and Bruno turn around and Olivia runs over to her and tells her, i'm sorry and Bruno clasps her left hand and squeezes it gently and Leila hopes she and Olivia can finally clear the air between them and she tells her sister, I don't accept blanket apologies Olivia, so you're going to have to tell me what you're apologising for and Olivia tells her, i'm sorry Leila because I know you're scared of ice and I shouldn't have asked you or pressured you into going ice skating with me on Wednesday, I was wrong for that and Jordan comes over to them and tells Olivia, you've got more than that to be sorry to Leila about sis, you were being rude and giving Leila attitude until you 2 went ice skating and Leila swallows hard feeling hurt and she tells Olivia, at least some good came out of seeing me fall 5 times on the ice rink and Leila can tell that Bruno is angry and she strokes the back of his right hand that's still clasping her left hand and Olivia tells her, i'm sorry, I thought you'd refuse to go and I didn't think you'd actually go onto the ice rink and her mom asks Olivia, how could you do that to your sister and Olivia tells their mom, I thought Leila would chicken out and Bruno tells Olivia angrily, your sister is no chicken, she'd do anything for the people she loves, no matter how much it might hurt her and Bruno pulls the left side of her tie dye t shirt down off her left shoulder and she tries to stop him and her family gasp at the large black bruise they can see on her left shoulder and Leila gives up trying to cover her left shoulder up and Bruno tells Olivia, your sister got quite a few bruises trying to ice skate with you on Wednesday but that 1 on her left shoulder is the worst and Olivia starts to cry and tells her, i'm sorry, I never wanted you to get hurt Leila, I swear I didn't and Leila pulls her sister into her arms and tells her, I believe you sis and when Olivia stops crying Leila pulls back just enough to see Olivia's face and she asks her, are we ok again or am I still in the doghouse with you and Olivia tells her, we're good, I was angry with you because i've missed you and Leila smiles and tells Olivia, i've missed you too, i've missed all of you, I love you all and I promise to do better at keeping in touch with all of you and Olivia smiles and tells her, I promise that we'll never do anything to do with ice again and Leila smiles feeling relieved and she tells Olivia, i'm going to hold you to that little sister.