Chapter 89

Thurs

4 days later

He wakes up and yawns, something had woken him up, and he feels Leila's right hand that he'd fallen asleep holding move a little and Bruno goes completely still and he looks at Leila and sees that she's still unconscious and he feels her right hand move a little again and he opens his left hand and looks at her right hand and he sees her hand move again and he gets up from the chair quickly and he holds Leila's right hand, leans over the bed and calls Leila's name and he can see her eyes moving a lot under her eye lids, he hasn't seen them move as much as that and Bruno feels excited and hopes that Leila is finally going to wake up and he calls Leila's name and her eyes open a little and close and he tells her, come on baby, wake up, come back to me, come all the way back to me Leila and her eyes open a little and close and he tells her, it's time to wake up Leila and she opens her eyes slowly and she looks at him and he smiles and he watches as Leila starts to cry silently and he asks her, what's wrong baby and she whispers to him, I knew I was going to hell, but it didn't cross my mind that i'd have the mind fucks of you there too and she looks away from him and Bruno lets go of her right hand and runs his fingers through his hair, he feels so bad for Leila, his heart aches for her.

He calls himself a fool as Bruno realises what Leila meant by mind fucks and he tells her, you're not in hell Leila, this is not another mind fuck, i'm really here, touch me baby, I promise you that I won't disappear and Leila turns her head slowly and looks at him and he watches as she slowly lifts her right arm and she reaches for his face with her hand and hesitates and Bruno silently wills Leila to touch his face, he wants to press her hand against his face, but something is telling him that it's important for Leila to touch him on her own and Leila whispers to him, please be real and she touches his left jaw lightly and Bruno sees surprise and shock on Leila's face and she smiles, whispers his name and strokes his jaw and he smiles and Leila whispers to him, you're really here, I thought i'd never see you again Bruno and he swallows hard and tells her, I never doubted that i'd find you and get you back Leila, i've missed you so much baby, I got the package that you left for me, I know everything, I know about Jaime, I know why you left me and Leila drops her hand from his face looking scared and he strokes her right hand and asks her, what's wrong and Leila shakes her head, clears her throat and tells him hoarsely, you need to go, forget you found me, just forget about me, don't tell Jaime you found me, oh god, don't tell her Bruno, please, just go, she can't know, I don't want her to hurt you anymore and Bruno is shocked at how scared Leila sounds and he strokes her hair and tells her, you don't have to worry about Jaime anymore and you don't have to protect me anymore either Leila, i'm going to deal with Jaime and make her sorry for fucking with us and for hurting you so badly.

She feels so scared for Bruno and Leila tells him, if I come back to you, Jaime will destroy your career and your relationship with your family Bruno, the bitch is even willing to use your mom to stop your family from having anything to do with you and Bruno tells her, there's no if, you're coming back to me Leila, you're coming home with me where you damn well belong, i'm going to get those fucking photos and that fucking recording that Jaime had made and i'm going to destroy them baby and Bruno asks her, do you trust me as much as I know you love me Leila and she doesn't hesitate in telling him, yes and Bruno smiles and tells her, good, I love you baby, i've missed you so much and i've been going insane without you, i've been so worried about you and I was right to be worried, I didn't feel whole when you were gone, I need you Leila, you're my heart baby and she tells him, i'm sorry and Leila tries to sit up, but she can't, she doesn't have the strength, she feels so weak and Bruno tells her, i've got you baby and he pulls her up and wraps his arms around her and Leila feels like she's come home and she tells Bruno, I love you so much, I can't live without you, I can't, I just can't, it hurts too much, i'm lost without you and Bruno strokes her back and tells her, I know, you don't have to, I can't live without you either, we belong together Leila and she tells him, I know you must be angry with me, but I didn't feel like I had any choice, i'm so sorry and Bruno pulls back just enough to see her face and he tells her, I know Leila, i'm not angry with you baby, I just wish you had been able to tell me what was going on and he asks her, how many times do I need to tell you that i'm never going to let anyone or anything come between us and i'm never letting you go and she tells him, you don't, i'm so sorry I hurt you and Leila swallows the painful lump in her throat and she asks Bruno, can you forgive me and he tells her, there's nothing to forgive baby and he kisses her gently and she leans her head against Bruno's chest, closes her eyes and continues to cry.