Chapter 15

Sun

6 days later

Hawaii

Tahiti's home

She needs to sit down for a bit and she sits down heavily beside Bruno on the grass and takes the bottle of water he hands her gratefully and drinks most of it and tells him, thanks I needed that and he smiles and tells her, no wonder, you've been running around with the kids, you're great with them, they love you and Leila smiles and tells Bruno, thanks, I love them, they're great kids and you Uncle Bruno need to stop soaking up the sun and run around with them too and Leila isn't surprised when he smiles, shakes his head for no at her and tells her, nah, today I don't feel like doing anything and Leila leans over and whispers in his ear not even me and she kisses him below his ear as she pulls back and Bruno stares at her hard for a moment before he pulls her on top of him as he tells her, you know i'm always up for that and as she straddles him she feels the semi hard on he has and she tells him, yeah i'm feeling that and he grins at her and wraps his arms around her and kisses her and she wraps her arms loosely around his neck and strokes the back of his neck and kisses him back, her senses are filled with him, his lips on hers, his hands caressing her hips and she's shocked as she and Bruno are drenched in cold water making them jerk apart and they look to there left as they hear laughing and they see Bruno's sisters and some of the kids laughing at them and Bruno tells Tiara who is holding a now empty bucket, what the fuck did you do that for sis and she laugh and tells him, you 2 needed cooling down and Tahiti tells him angrily, watch your mouth bro as she looks pointedly at the kids near them who are still laughing and Haze tells Tahiti, Uncle Bruno said a bad word mom and Tahiti tells him, I know, he's naughty Hazey and Bruno tells Haze, i'm sorry I cussed buddy.

She tries to move to get up off Bruno but his hold on her hips tightens and he whispers in her ear don't move, keep me covered and the reason why hits Leila, Bruno has a hard on and he doesn't want any of his family to see it and she whispers back to him, i've got you covered, i'm going nowhere and she's about to kiss Bruno when Tiara tells them both, if you 2 start up again i'm dropping a bag of ice cubes onto both of you and she sounds like she means it and Leila looks at Tiara and sticks her tongue out at her making the kids giggle and she looks back at Bruno and gives him a quick kiss on the lips.

It's as they are all sitting around the dinner table after desert except for the kids who are playing in the play room that Pressley asks Bruno and Leila, how long have you 2 been seeing each other and Bruno tells her, it'll be 9 weeks exactly tomorrow before Leila can add it up in her head from when she returned to L.A from visiting her family in Boston surprising her but she adds the dates up anyway and Bruno is right.

She looks away from Bruno unable to take the look in his eyes as she doesn't know why he's looking at her in a way Leila hasn't seen before since he answered Pressley and told her how long they've been together and Leila's distracted as Tahiti asks her, how did you 2 manage to finally get together anyway and Leila tells her, it happened when I got home from visiting my family and Bruno tells Tahiti, while I had a hangover which has everyone laughing and Tiara says damn, i'm guessing we're getting the PG version and Bruno's dad tells her and Bruno, if you 2 have any kids, please think of a better story to tell them which has everyone but Leila laughing who forces a smile.

He knows something is bothering Leila as she's been too quiet except when they'd had sex and when he'd tried to find out what's wrong when they'd got back to his place earlier Leila had smiled and told him nothings wrong and they'd had sex and afterwards he'd tried again and they'd had sex again and Bruno takes a deep breath as he realises that Leila had distracted him with sex twice and he's not feeling too good about that and he remembers the exact moment that she started being quiet.

She tries to shrug Bruno off who is shaking her shoulder and telling her to wake up and she mumbles to him let me sleep a bit more and he tells her, no, wake up Leila and it's the seriousness in his voice that gets her to sit up while rubbing her eyes and Leila looks at him and asks him, what's wrong and Bruno laughs and tells her, strangely enough that's what I was going to ask you again and as much as I love having sex with you please don't try to distract me with sex again and Leila looks at him guiltily and he tells her, yeah, I worked it out, now please tell me why you've been so quiet since Pop's teased us earlier about having a better story to tell about how we got together if we have kids and she looks at Bruno and all Leila can think is, that once she tells him it could be the end of them and she'd hoped to wait a little longer before telling him but she knows whether she likes it or not that she has to tell him now and Leila feels her heart start to break at the thought of losing Bruno and she tells him, 12 years ago I was hit by a police car who were chasing another car which caused a lot of internal bleeding, broke my right wrist and my right leg and to save my life the doctors had to perform a hysterectomy on me and because of that I will never get pregnant, I can never have children Bruno.

He's shocked and can't believe that Leila will never be able to have his child which he had thought about but Bruno knows now is not the time to think about that and he puts his arm around Leila's shoulders and hugs her to him and tells her, i'm sorry that happened to you and i'm sorry that you'll never be able to have a baby and he doesn't stop Leila when she pulls away from him and gets out of bed and she goes and stands by the window and tells him, I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore and her words have Bruno getting out of bed and to the window fast and he turns her around to face him and he stands naked just like her and he takes hold of her shoulders and tells her, I think it's tragic that a woman like you who is so good with kids can't have any of her own but that doesn't make me want you or love you any less, I love you Leila and I won't let anyone or anything come between us.

She can't believe that Bruno still wants her and that he loves her and she cups his face and tells him, I love you too but I know ultimately you should be with a woman who can have your children because you should be a dad when you're ready, you're a natural with kids and you should pass your talent, dimples and those heart breaker genes of yours onto them and Bruno smiles and tells her, the only woman I want is you and if and when we're ready to have a child together we could get a surrogate Leila, because when I think of having children I see you as the mother of my children and when I think of the future I see you with me, always and Bruno asks her, will you agree to be my damn girlfriend now and Leila feels so happy and relieved from Bruno's words and she laughs and tells him, i'd love to be your damn girlfriend and neither of them can stop smiling as they kiss before getting back into bed and going to sleep.