Chapter 57 Part 1

Monday

the next day

She tightens the belt on her robe and stands up and looks at her bridesmaids and matron of honour and sees that the other hair dressers and make up artists that she hired have done as good a job with them as they have with her, she loves the waves in her hair and the natural looking make up that she's wearing and she thanks them and tips them and they leave and Leila walks over to her sister Olivia and asks her, how you doing sis, and Olivia stands up and hugs her hard and tells her, I feel great, my hair and make up looks great, thanks sis, you look awesome and Leila hugs her with 1 arm and tells her, thanks, you're welcomed and everyone else thanks her for their hair and make up and tells her that she looks great and she thanks them and tells them you all look gorgeous, your dresses look perfect on all of you and there's a knock on the door and Cindia opens the door and her mom walks in with a tray of glasses of champagne and tells everyone, you all look beautiful and she offers everyone a glass of champagne except for Olivia who pouts and her mom sighs and tells her, don't start young lady you're too young to drink and Olivia sighs and Leila shakes her head and refuses a glass and her mom asks her are you ok, it's ok to feel nervous honey and everyone stops talking and looks at her and Leila shakes her head and speaks loudly enough for everyone to hear and tells her, i'm great, i'm about to marry the man I love, the only thing i'm nervous about is his band doing what they did yesterday again despite Bruno telling them he'll kill them slowly if they do and her mom tells her, they won't, I spoke to all of them just before I came in here and I warned them not to pull any of that crap again this morning and Leila kisses her cheek and thanks her and she asks her mom have you seen Bruno and her mom smiles and tells her, yes, he looks so handsome in his suit and he told me to tell you that he loves you, he can't wait to see you and say I do to you and Leila feels her heart melt and tells her mom, tell him me too if you see him again before I do and Bruno's sister Tiara says he's so cheesy and all the girls laugh and Leila smiles and tells her, I love your brother being cheesy and Bruno's sister Presley raises her glass of champagne and points at Leila and tells everyone, she's a gonna girls and everyone laughs and her mom tells her, you and Bruno have chosen a beautiful place to get married, it's so beautiful here and everyone agrees and her mom looks at her watch and tells her, you should go put your dress on now sweetie and Leila smiles and replies, you're right mom, thanks, I won't be long and she goes into the bedroom and puts her wedding dress on.

She walks out of the bedroom and puts her phone and the gift bags she's carrying down onto the floor and she tries and fails yet again to zip up her dress and Leila says will somebody please zip me up and she looks up when nobody answers and sees everyone looking at her silently and her mom starts to cry and 1 of her best friends Dee Dee who is 1 of her 2 head bridesmaids comes over to her and zips up her dress and Leila thanks her and everyone starts talking to her at once, telling her how beautiful she looks and she thanks them and Tahiti tells her, Bruno's eyes are going to pop out when he sees you and Leila laughs and she walks over to her mom and asks her, are you ok and her mom dabs at her tears with a hankerchief and tells her, you look so beautiful honey, seeing you wear the same dress I wore when I married you dad brings back a lot of good memories, that wedding dress has been very lucky for the women in our family and Leila hugs her mom and tells her thanks again for loaning me your pearl necklace and she walks over to the bedroom door and picks up her phone and the gift bags from the floor and hands the gift bags out to her bridesmaids and her matron of honour and Leila tells them, this is to say thank you for being here for me and Bruno and for being part of our wedding and they all open the gift bags and the jewellery boxes inside them and they thank her for the heart shaped birth stone pendants that she's given them and Leila's glad that they all like them and her sister walks over to her and asks her will you put mine on for me and Leila smiles and tells her, hold my phone for me and turn around sis and Olivia takes her phone and turns around and Leila fastens the pendant around her neck and she looks around and sees that the others have put their pendants on too and she takes her phone back from Olivia and holds it out to her mom and asks her will you take a photo of us mom and her mom tells her, of course and her mom takes a few photos of them all together and Presley takes 1 of her with her mom and sister and her mom takes 1 more of them all when Leila picks up her bouquet of white roses and there's a knock on the door and Tahiti opens it and she sees her dad who looks at her and looks at everyone else and tells them, ladies, you all look beautiful, we all need to get going and her mom gives her a quick kiss on the cheek and leaves and her dad walks over to her and asks her are you ready to get married sweetheart and Leila smiles and tells him, i'm more than ready and he smiles at her and they follow her bridesmaids and matron of honour out of the room.