Chapter 43

Mon 3 days later

She can't help feeling amused at seeing Bruno look nervous as they walk into the family room with his 4 sisters and his sister in law Cindia as Leila's never seen him look nervous before but he hides it quickly enough and sits down beside her on the smaller sofa and holds her hand while the girls all sit down across from them on the large sofa and she can't help thinking it's like us versus them which may not be far from the truth if they take what she's going to tell them badly, even though she hopes what she's going to ask them will soften the blow.

He watches as Tiara pulls a bunch of magazines out of her beach bag which must be the ones about weddings that Eric had told him about and Tiara grins at him and Leila and says now that lunch is out the way it's time to get your wedding organised, I can't wait for you to see the gorgeous things we've found for the wedding and we've marked the pages to make it easier to find them Leila and she looks at him and tells him, you can go now bro and let us girls plan your wedding and Presley, Tahiti and Cindia all tell him to beat it and Jaime says nothing and looks at him apologetically but Bruno doesn't move and the way Leila has stiffened up beside him from what Tiara has said and the pissed off look on her face tells him that this could get explosive.

She is silently reminding herself that Tiara is Bruno's sister but what she has just said about their wedding and telling him to leave and let them plan their wedding has pissed her off and Tiara says come on bro get out already and that's the last straw as far as Leila is concerned and she squeezes Bruno's hand and looks at Tiara and tells her first of all your brother is going nowhere and I really don't like the way you've just spoken to him Tiara and she looks at all the girls and tells them, secondly although what you've all marked in those magazines may very well be gorgeous, Bruno and I will look at them together and decide if we want any of it, it's our wedding and help will be welcomed but we'll be the ones to plan and arrange it, nobody else and she can see the shock on all their faces except for Jaime who looks at her sisters and Cindia and tells them I told you we were over stepping and she shakes her head and tells Tiara you always go too far sis and she looks at Leila and tells her for my part in this i'm sorry and Tiara looks at her and says I bet your letting your mom help you arrange the wedding and Leila looks at her and tells her that's a bet you lose as I told my mom last week the same thing i've just told all of you and Tiara looks surprised and says so it really is just you 2 planning the wedding and Leila replies yes and Tahiti says I don't see why you 2 should be left alone to do it when Presley and I weren't and Presley says you can say that again sis and before she can say anything Bruno tells Tahiti i'm sorry you and Presley weren't left alone to plan your own weddings but that's you 2, not us sis and he turns to her and says baby why don't we just elope and avoid all this and his sisters and Cindia all shout don't you dare and she laughs and leans over and kisses him and pulls back and replies you know we can't do that and she looks at the girls and tells them, relax, we're not going to elope and she sighs and says to them we've always got on great and I hope that continues and i'd like to ask you all something and she says Tiara, Tahiti, Presley and Cindia we'd love you girls to be our bridesmaids along with my 4 best friends and my sister, and Jaime I would love you to be my matron of honour and you can all have a say on the dresses you wear and they all thankfully tell her yes and look happy again and Tahiti asks her who is your head bridesmaid and Leila hopes this is going to go down well and she takes a deep breath and replies 1 of my best friends Dee Dee and she looks at Cindia and tells her, we've grown so close so i'm hoping you will also be my head bridesmaid and Cindia looks surprised and replies i'd love too and Leila breathes a sigh of relief and looks at the girls and tells them I know today hasn't gone how you thought it would but i'm glad that you're all going to be part of the wedding and Bruno says I second that and everyone laughs and Presley tells Cindia head bridesmaids organise the bachelorette party and you and Dee Dee have got to get strippers for it and Leila stiffens up and looks at the girls and tells them, under no circumstances is there to be any strippers and the girls tease her and Presley says come on it's like a tradition and Bruno tells her no strippers sis, end of story and she's glad he's spoken up but she needs to get out of there, just for a few minutes and Leila stands up and says i'm going to get us all some coffee and she leaves the family room quickly and goes into the kitchen.

He looks at his sisters and tells them Leila has had a really hard time since being attacked, she's doing much better now but she's not like how she used to be, she's been dreading any of you talking about getting strippers for the bachelorette party and the reason she doesn't want any strippers is because if they resemble Luke or if they grind against her, especially from behind it'll remind her of the attack which will scare her and she's worried about freaking out and embarrassing herself in front of all of you, so there will be no strippers or anymore talk about strippers and if any of you get any for the bachelorette party, i'll never forgive you for it, don't cross me on this and he can see the shock on their faces and Jaime tells him don't worry Bruno we won't mention strippers again or get any and she looks at their sisters and Cindia and asks them isn't that right and they all agree and he breathes a sigh of relief and tells them good and he gets up and tells them i'm going to go check on Leila and give her a hand with the coffee.

She feels surprised that since she's came back into the family room with Bruno that his sisters and Cindia have not mentioned strippers again thankfully but she can't help feeling that she's missed something as they all seem a bit tense and she forgets all about that when Cindia asks her have you found a wedding dress yet and she smiles and replies i'm wearing my mom's wedding dress that has been passed down from my great great great grandmother and Cindia replies that sounds great and Jaime asks her can we see it and she smiles and replies, you can when it gets here, my mom is sending it to me, it should be here in a day or 2 and Tahiti asks her and Bruno, so when are you 2 planning on giving us more nephews and nieces and Leila tenses up and wishes the ground would open and swallow her up and Bruno puts his arm around her shoulders and tells Tahiti mind your business sis and Tahiti laughs and tells him no way bro, you didn't mind your business when Presley and I got married about wanting more nephews and nieces and Leila looks at his sisters and Cindia and tells them, I can't have children and once again she can see she's shocked them and Tahiti says, Leila there's lots doctors can do these days and she interrupts her and tells her not for me there isn't and it's because when I was 14 years old I was knocked down by a police car during a police chase and to save my life the doctors had to give me a hysterectomy but Bruno and I have talked about it and when we're ready for children we're going to get a surrogate and Tahiti says i'm so sorry and she can't stand the girls looking at her with pity and she gets up and runs out of the family room.

He waves goodbye to his sisters and Cindia as they drive away glad they're gone before they unintentionally cause anymore trouble and he runs upstairs and opens the bedroom door and sees Leila putting on a black leather jacket and he walks over to her and asks her are you ok baby and she smiles a little at him and replies yeah, i'm sorry I ran out on you downstairs but I couldn't take anymore and he can tell that she's sad and replies it's ok, i'm sorry about my sisters and Cindia and asks her where are you going and she tells him i've got a therapy session with Martha and he kicks himself for forgetting and asks her do you want me to come with you and she shakes her head and replies no, it's ok and she gives him a quick kiss and goes and picks her bag up off their bed and tells him i've got to go and he walks downstairs with her and outside to her car and asks her are you sure you don't want me to come with you and she replies i'm sure, i'll come straight home afterwards and he tells her good, i'll make dinner tonight and she smiles and replies that'd be great and he kisses her and she pulls back and gets in her car and drives away and Bruno can't help thinking that it's probably good that she has a therapy session with Martha now after the last few hours with his sisters and Cindia and he goes back into the house and hopes Leila comes home feeling better and willing to talk to him because he knows she's not ok, but if he has anything to do with it, she will be.