Chapter 21

Thurs 5 days later

She was double checking that she has done a thank you letter for all the freebies that had arrived for Bruno that morning when the phone rings and she answers it and Leila immediately wishes she hadn't when she hears Luke Harvey say good afternoon beautiful, how are you doing and she tells him, i'm busy, what do you want Luke and he tells her, well my mom taught me if first you fail to succeed then try, try again so I thought i'd try again and ask you out to dinner.

She is losing her patience with Luke who has been calling her almost everyday and asking her out since she met him when he came to the office for a meeting with Bruno 18 days ago and Leila takes a slow deep breath and tells him, like I keep telling you Luke, I don't want to go out with you, i'm not interested in you, so unless you're calling to speak to Bruno, leave a message for him or want to make an appointment to see him, please stop calling me and Leila's shocked as Bruno takes the phone from her as she hadn't seen him come into the office and Bruno tells Luke, stop calling and asking my girlfriend out and get back to fucking work and he ends the call and Leila can tell that Bruno is mad and she asks him, how much of that did you hear and he tells her, enough and he asks her, how many times has Luke called to ask you out and why didn't you tell me Leila and she sighs and tells him, I can't give you an exact number, but he's been calling me almost everyday since his meeting with you here and I didn't tell you because I knew you'd be pissed off and I didn't want to upset you.

He had stood outside the office door and listened as Leila sounding exasperated and annoyed spoke to Luke and Bruno had felt his anger grow and now he watches Leila as she gets up from her chair, stands in front of him and places her hands on his shoulders and rubs them and she tells him, Luke's annoying and hard headed as he doesn't seem to listen to me no matter how many times I turn him down so far but there's only so many times he can hear no before he finally gives up surely, especially now after you've spoken to him and he tells her, he damned well better stop calling you now or i'll fire the mother fucker and Leila laughs and tells him, you can't fire him for hitting on me Bruno and he tells her, wanna bet, he's been calling you during work hours, so I could fire him.

She can feel the tension in Bruno as she rubs his shoulders and Leila can hear and see the anger in him and she tells him, I don't like that Luke has continued to ask me out when i've turned him down and told him i'm not interested in him repeatedly, but hopefully he'll stop now that he knows you know and Leila feels relieved when Bruno tells her, fine I won't fire him now but if he asks you out 1 more fucking time, i'm firing his ass and she pulls his head down closer to hers, kisses him and smiles against Bruno's lips when he wraps his arms around her and she feels the tension leave him and she strokes her hands down his back and breaks their kiss and laughs as he groans and tells her, I need more sugar, gimme those lips and she tells him, i'd love to but you need to leave shortly for your dentist appointment and I need you to sign the thank you letters so I can post them today and he tells her, fuck it, i'll make another appointment, just post the thank you letters tomorrow and she shakes her head no and tells him, no, you've already cancelled the dentist twice and it's only a check up, so just go and i'll give you more sugar when you get home and he tells her, ok, i'll go, but you better be ready to pucker up baby and kiss me when I get home and Leila laughs and tells him, of course your majesty.

She watches Bruno leave in his car for his dentist appointment with 2 of his bodyguards following him in another car as she starts up her car and as she drives Leila hopes that Luke will stop calling her now as she doesn't want to be or feel responsible for him being fired if he doesn't and Leila hopes that the post office won't be busy for a change and she decides that on her way home she'll buy steaks for dinner tonight.

He had decided while in the dentists chair that when he leaves the dentist office he was going to see Luke and talk to him face to face and Bruno knows that Leila might not be happy about it but he's still angry that Luke has been bothering her and Bruno wants to make damn sure that he stops.

He is feeling impatient as he enters the office head quarters for SelvaRey Rum and after he and his bodyguards Lonnie and Dave sign the sign in book they get onto the escalator and when they get off Bruno sees a man wearing a polo shirt with the company logo on it and he asks him where Luke Harvey's office is and the man tells him and he thanks him and he follows the directions he was told with Lonnie and Dave and as they approach Luke's office a young woman comes rushing out of the inner office closing the door behind her and she looks upset and she goes and sits behind the desk outside of Luke's office and Bruno stops at her desk and she looks taken back to see him and he asks her, are you alright and she looks away and back again and tells him, i'm fine thank you, how can I help you Mr Mars and Bruno can see that she's not fine and he sees the name plaque on her desk that says Cindy Williams on it and he tells her, relax Cindy, if something has happened that you're not happy about or has made you feel uncomfortable then please tell me and she clears her throat and tells him, nothings happened and Bruno sighs as despite what he suspects he can't do anything about it if she won't tell him and he smiles at her and tells her, you should always be treated with respect, if you change your mind, if not me then talk to someone else either here at the company's human resources or a friend or someone you trust and feel comfortable with and he walks over to Luke's office with Lonnie and Dave and opens the door and Bruno's pleased to see Luke look uneasy as they walk in and Dave closes and locks the office door behind them.

He smiles as he walks over to Luke who is standing by his desk but it's not a pleasant smile and Bruno stops and stands in front of Luke and tells him, you have crossed the line over and over again, tell me Luke, what would you do if another man kept asking your girlfriend out despite her telling him she's not interested in him and refuses to go out with him and Bruno pulls back his right arm and punches Luke in the stomach and as Luke doubles over Bruno tells him, it was a rhetorical question dumb ass, but in future if you're not calling for me then you will not call Leila again, you will not ask her out again, you will not bother her in any way or i'll do more than punch you fucker and he asks Luke, do you understand me and Luke wheezes and tells him, yes I understand and Bruno grins and tells him, good, if you don't do as i've told you then you'll lose your job as you've been contacting Leila during working hours and I promise you that you'll be lucky to get a job at fucking McDonalds with the reference i'll give you, and if I hear that you're harassing another woman you'll be sorry for that too and without another word Bruno, Lonnie and Dave turn and leave Luke's office.

He drives his car into the driveway glad to be home again and Bruno feels good from punching Luke and for also letting his partners know what has happened with Luke, except for the punch but he'd told them what he suspects Luke might have done to his personal assistant and they are going to keep an eye on her and send a memo out to all employees about sexual harassment not being tolerated at the company and if any of them experience it there then they should report it immediately as it won't be tolerated.

He smiles as he stands at the office door and watches Leila as she rubs Geronimo's head and tells him, there's no more treats left in here, i'll slip you a few more later in the kitchen and Bruno laughs and asks Leila, what about treats for me and Leila turns to him looking happy to see him and tells him, you'll get yours, don't worry about that and he tells her, i'm counting on it and he walks over behind her desk and rubs Geronimo's head as he leans forward and kisses Leila and when he pulls back she asks him, how did it go at the dentist, I thought you would've been home before me and he tells her, well, i've still got all my own teeth and I got caught up in traffic on my way home and Leila smiles and tells him, i'm glad you're home now and your treats will start with dinner which I picked up on my way home and he grins and asks her, and what will be my last treat and Bruno watches Leila as she looks him up and down slowly and she looks at his face, bites her bottom lip and tells him, whatever you want and he smirks and tells her, what I want you can't order off any menu and Leila tells him, lucky for you that's what I like and he laughs and tells her, i've got a feeling that we're both going to get a lot of what we like.