Chapter 98

1 week later

She takes 1 last look in the mirror, her make up is light, natural looking and she's left her hair down to make her face look fuller and she's wearing a loose fitting knee length white dress, a short white jacket, red kitten heels and carrying a small red clutch bag and she's wearing her gold heart locket, large gold hoop earrings and a chunky gold bracelet and Leila thinks she looks good, she looks like her old self again and she knows she was right to cover her arms and most of her legs that are still looking a bit too slim and to choose white to wear as it's made her figure look fuller and Leila strokes her engagement ring and wedding ring that she managed to get on her fingers again, she's missed wearing them, they're still a little loose and although she feels confident that they won't fall off, she'll be careful as she would hate to lose them, she knows Bruno is going to be happy to see her rings back on her fingers and she walks out of her closet and Leila smiles as she looks at the wall of white roses that says I love you in red roses across it in front of the bedroom window that she'd woken up to from Bruno and the unicorn shaped flower arrangement that she'd given to Bruno after they'd had sex for the first time that morning is sitting in front of her wall of roses and she goes to the bedroom door and opens it and stops in her tracks feeling nervous.

She wonders how Bruno would feel about them spending the night in bed like they'd spent most of the day, he'd probably be ok about it but he would be disappointed, she knows Bruno's been looking forward to them going out tonight so she can't let her nerves get the best of her now and Leila groans, she knows she has to do this, celebrating being married for 7 months had been her idea that she'd suggested to Bruno when he'd got off the phone last Wednesday night with his dad after she'd heard him tell his dad that they hadn't done anything to celebrate being married for 6 months last month because she hadn't been well and Leila is ashamed that she hadn't even realised, she hasn't been keeping track of the date and she tells herself, pull yourself together, Bruno is waiting downstairs for your ass, you can't let him down and Leila takes a deep breath and walks out of the bedroom, she knows that she and Bruno need this, the last anniversaries they'd celebrated 3 months ago had been to celebrate them being together for a year and being married for 4 months, then 2 days later she had left him and she wants to make up for that, she needs to make up for that.

He fixes the collar of his black and grey Gucci shirt that Leila had given him that morning along with a unicorn shaped flower arrangement and Bruno laughs as he remembers telling Leila that great minds think alike since they'd both given each other flowers, she'd surprised him by suggesting they celebrate being married 7 months since they hadn't celebrated last month, but she wasn't doing so well a month ago and he hadn't thought she would be up to celebrating it and he hadn't wanted her to feel pressured into having sex or feel bad for not being able to so he hadn't mentioned it, but today has been a great day spent mostly in bed having sex and he's looking forward to them going out for dinner and he looks at the time on his watch and Bruno wonders what's keeping Leila and he walks towards the stairs intending to go upstairs to their bedroom and check on her and Bruno stops in his tracks feeling stunned as he sees Leila walking down the stairs, he can't take his eyes off her and he forces himself to move and he goes and stands at the bottom of the stairs and Bruno can tell that Leila is nervous and she reaches the bottom of the stairs and stands in front of him and he tells her, you look amazing Leila and Leila smiles and tells him, thanks, you're looking mighty fine and he smiles and tells Leila, thanks and Bruno goes completely still feeling surprised and pleased as he sees that Leila is wearing her engagement ring and her wedding ring again and he lifts her left hand up and stares at the rings on her fingers, the last time he'd seen Leila's rings on her fingers was the day she'd left him, she's been wearing them on the chain of her gold locket since he found her in hospital in Mexico and Bruno feels overcome with emotion and he swallows hard and Leila asks him, are you ok Bruno and he kisses the back of Leila's left hand and clasps it, grins and tells her, i'm great baby, it's so fucking good to see your rings back on your fingers where they belong and Leila smiles and tells him, I knew you'd be happy about that, it feels good to be wearing them again and she kisses him and he asks her, ready to go baby and Leila tells him, sure and Bruno can tell that she doesn't mean it and he tells her, look, we don't have to go out to dinner and Leila tells him, yes we do, i'm just feeling nervous since this is the first time in just over 3 months that we'll be out in public again, i'll be fine, we can't stay home forever Bruno and us going out to celebrate being married for 7 months is a great way to start going out again and he kisses her gently and tells her, you're right, lets go and Bruno hopes that Leila will be able to stop feeling nervous and will have a good time tonight.