Chapter 90

Fri

8 days later

He had been as quick as he could shaving, showering and getting changed, he doesn't like to leave Leila by herself, he doesn't like her out of his sight and he walks out of his closet wearing a white vest, a pair of black sweat pants and a pair of Nike sneakers and Bruno sees that Leila is sitting on the floor by the window with Geronimo lying on the floor beside her and all he can think about is how much he misses showering with her, there's so much that he misses about her and them, but Bruno understands that it's going to take time for him and Leila to be how they used to be with each other and that's just 1 more reason for him to hate Jaime and Bruno pushes thoughts of that bitch out of his head and he goes and sits on the floor beside Leila and puts his arm around her shoulders.

He leans his head against Leila's and tells her, lets go for a walk around the backyard, then have a snack on the patio before Martha gets here and Leila tells him, i'd prefer to stay here and Bruno tells her, you've not been out of our bedroom since we got home from Mexico 5 days ago baby and Leila tells him, I don't want to see anyone Bruno, you know that and he tells her, I know but there's only Lonnie and his guys here so nobody gets through the gates unless we ok it and Leila asks him, what about Ryan and Bruno feels confused and asks her, what does Ryan have to do with anything Leila and she tells him, when I left... I thought that you'd probably get Ryan to help out in the office until you got another personal assistant and Bruno kisses Leila's head and tells her, I didn't get Ryan or anyone else to work in the office while you were gone, i've handled things as best as I can, you're the only personal assistant that I want Leila, you're irreplaceable to me in so many ways baby and I now have a deeper appreciation for all the work that you do for me and Leila asks him, were there any problems with the arrangements for your residency in Las Vegas, did it go ok and Bruno blows out a breath and tells her, I cancelled my residency in Las Vegas and Leila turns her head and looks at him and asks him, why and he tells her, because I was worried sick about you, I was going crazy without you, I couldn't stop thinking about you and I wanted to be here in case you came home.

She feels more guilt pile on top of the guilt that she already feels and Leila tells Bruno, i'm sorry, I know how much you love Las Vegas and your residencies there and Bruno tells her, I love you more, they'll be other residencies there so don't worry about it, you've got nothing to be sorry for, what's happened isn't your fault, I love you Leila, you and our marriage come first, always, and hearing Bruno tell her that he loves her makes Leila feel so happy like it always does, but she doesn't feel worthy of Bruno or his love anymore and Bruno asks her, are you alright Leila and she smiles a little and tells him, yeah, I love you too Bruno and he kisses her gently and tells her, I know you do baby and Leila feels the need to give Bruno something, and even though she doesn't want to Leila tells him, lets go for that walk around the backyard and Bruno grins and tells her, the fresh air and sunshine will do you good baby, lets go and Bruno gets up off the floor and holds his right hand out to her and because of all the times she thought she saw Bruno in Mexico, Leila can't help hesitating before she grabs his right hand and she can tell that it bothers Bruno when she hesitates before touching him now and that's just 1 more thing for her to feel guilty about.

He can tell that Leila is tired, even though they've only walked about halfway around the backyard and Bruno stops walking and tells Leila, lets sit on the grass here and soak up some sun and Leila smiles tiredly at him and tells him, that sounds good to me and they sit down on the grass and Geronimo who had been walking with them lies down on the grass between them and Leila strokes Geronimo's head and Bruno can't help feeling a little jealous, he knows it's ridiculous but Leila always hesitates before she touches him now, he knows it's because of all the times she thought she saw him in Mexico and Bruno hadn't realised until Leila had regained consciousness 8 days ago, how much he took her touch for granted, he misses the easy, natural way that she used to touch him and Bruno hopes she can be like that again with him.