Chapter 22

Sat 

2 days later

She looks over at Bruno who is sitting at his desk and she asks him, do you have plans for us tonight and he tells her, no, I thought we'd just stay home and chill and she tells him, good, i've just arranged to go out with my girlfriends tonight so why don't you have a boys night out tonight and he tells her, sounds good, it's been a while since either of us have done that and Leila tells him, yeah, we've been bad friends and have been in our own little world since we moved in together and Bruno tells her, that's true, i'll text the guys and ask them if they're up for a boys night tonight.

She is laughing at Bruno and Phil who are talking on facetime when the phone rings and Leila answers the phone and puts it on speaker so she can carry on working and she hears Kam say hey, are you really letting Bruno out to play tonight and Leila laughs and tells him, very funny, Bruno's not the only 1 going out to play tonight and Kam laughs and asks her, and what is your fine ass getting up to tonight, shit, forget I said that, a guy has to be careful what they say to you now and Leila laughs and asks him, what are you talking about and Bruno says shut up Kam and for a moment there is silence then Kam laughs and tells her, girl, you don't have a clue and Bruno shouts shut up Kam and Kam says damn, is that the time, i've gotta go, later girl and he ends the call and Leila stares at Bruno, she knows Kam can be a shit stirrer and even though she has a feeling she's not going to like the answer she asks Bruno, what was Kam talking about and what don't I have a clue about.

He knows what he's going to tell Leila will cause an argument and Bruno could kill Kam for his big fucking mouth for starting it, even though he knows he has no one to blame but himself at the end of the day and he rubs the back of his neck and tells Leila, after I went to the dentist on Thursday I didn't get caught up in traffic like I told you, I went and saw Luke and before you say anything, I hadn't planned on it when I left here but I got angry about him calling and asking you out and not taking no for an answer all over again while I was at the dentist so I went to Luke's office and I told him not to do it anymore and to only call to get in touch with me and I warned him what would happen if he doesn't leave you alone... and I punched him in the gut.

She can't believe what Bruno has just told her and Leila tells him, in your place I would have gone to see the bitch and I might have hit her too, but what really hurts is that you lied to me and I never thought you'd do that, not to me, I always thought we had honesty between us.

She needs to get out of there before she says something she very well might regret and she gets up from her chair and tells Bruno, I can't be here right now and she picks up her phone from on top of her desk and walks to the door but before Leila reaches it Bruno blocks her way and tells her, i've never lied to you before, i'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you, lying to you was wrong and stupid and I had planned on telling you that i'd seen Luke and what i'd done when I got home but when you said you thought i'd be home before you, telling you that i'd got caught in traffic just flew out my mouth and Bruno takes hold of her hands and tells her, if I could take that lie back and just be straight with you as I always have been, I swear I would and Leila sighs and tells him, I can tell that you're sorry Bruno, but what I don't know is if you would have ever told me the truth if it wasn't for Kam who you obviously had no problem telling what happened, hell you probably told all the guys and i'm the last 1 to know.

He looks at his hands holding Leila's stiff hands and Bruno looks up into her eyes and tells her, I will never lie to you again and if another lie ever flies out my mouth with you again, I swear i'll own up to it straight away and tell you the truth, I don't want anything or anyone to ever come between us and i've always loved the fact that we're honest with each other and that we can tell each other anything and I don't want that to change, I love you baby, please forgive me.

She feels herself relax from Bruno's words and she tells him, I love you too and I forgive you, but please don't ever lie to me again, even if you think I won't like it, just tell me the truth.

He feels like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders with her forgiveness and Bruno pulls Leila to him and wraps his arms around her and smiles as Leila wraps her arms around him and he dips his head down and kisses her and he asks her, how about we turn off our phones and go upstairs where there's no chance of us being interrupted and we kiss and make up properly and Leila laughs and tells him, ok horn dog, take me to bed and he laughs and kisses her and lifts her up into his arms and carries her to their bedroom where they spend the rest of the afternoon kissing and making up over and over again which has them breathing hard, sweating and lying on a tangled mess of their clothes and sheets on their bed where they fall asleep and wake up with less than an hour to get ready to go and meet up with their friends but as long as they're ok neither of them care if they're late.