Chapter 94

Fri

1 week later

She wishes her time with Martha was up already, this therapy session feels pointless today and Leila is surprised when Martha tells her, I can tell that something is bothering you, you're holding something back and bottling things up isn't good for you Leila and if you can't or don't want to talk to me about it, then maybe you should try to talk to Bruno about it and Leila laughs and tells Martha, sorry, but it's funny to have you suggest that I talk to Bruno when it's him that has me... bothered, he's had me doubting myself since last Friday and I just thought that this was something that I needed to try to work out by myself, but it's been a week now and i've gotten nowhere and Martha tells her, it sounds like you need to talk about it and Leila sighs and tells Martha, ok, things between me and Bruno changed last Friday, we got... caught up in each other in the kitchen and he was turned on, we both were but I can't get my head around him being able to get turned on when he'd looked at me with pity 3 days earlier, he told me then and keeps telling me that i'm beautiful and I know he's not lying, he believes what he's saying is true and I honestly can't see what the fuck he sees in me that turns him on and i've been wondering if my perception of myself is so focused on the weight that i've lost that I can't see past that and Martha tells her, you could be right, your depression will be playing a part in how you see yourself as will focusing on the negatives and ignoring or not being able to see what's good and as you put more weight on, you should start to feel and think better about yourself.

She hopes Martha is right and Leila tells Martha, I know it's only been a week since I started eating more fattening things and sipping on smoothies when i'm not feeling hungry, but I don't know why I haven't gained more to be honest, the little weight I have gained has all gone to my face, what I manage to eat isn't a lot but it's packed with calories now and I can walk all the way around the backyard now and Martha tells her, that's great Leila and when you're able to eat more then you'll put more weight on and Martha asks her, you told me that things have changed between you and Bruno since last Friday but other than him making you doubt yourself and having you question your perception of yourself, you haven't said how else things have changed between you 2, do you want to talk about that and Leila sighs and tells Martha, ok, why not, it's just that, since we got... caught up in each other in the kitchen, Bruno has been himself with me again and I love that and he's stopped treating me like i'm some kind of fragile flower that he has to be careful with what he says and does, we've made out a few times, which is great, I think it's that and doing more things together that has us touching that's the reason I finally stopped hesitating before I touch Bruno 2 days ago which is a relief and I know he's happy about that too, but he's been making a point of letting me... know... when he's horny, he's not pressuring me or asking me for sex, he knows i'm not ready for that because I don't want him to see me naked looking like this, but the damn man is letting me know when he's fucking horny and he's horny a lot and it's making me fucking crazy and Leila can see that Martha is trying not to laugh and she tells her, just laugh already, it's not fucking funny, damn it and Martha laughs and tells her, i'm sorry Leila, it's not what you said that I found funny but the way you said it and Martha asks her, is it the fact that Bruno is letting you know when he's horny or because you want to have sex with him but you won't because you don't want Bruno to see you naked that's making you crazy and Leila tells her, both... mostly.

She looks away from Martha and Leila closes her eyes and tells Martha, before Jaime fucked with our lives, I wasn't vain about the way I look, I was comfortable with my body and didn't have a problem with Bruno seeing me naked, Bruno and I had a very active sex life, we couldn't keep our hands off each other sometimes, no man has ever been able to turn me on as easily as Bruno, he doesn't even have to try, he can say or do something completely innocent and turn me on, he's just that fucking sexy, and when he sweats, damn, I swear he sweats sex and he has the sexiest neck i've ever seen, I never had or wanted sex with anyone as much as I have with Bruno, but this last week i've noticed that as much as I want him and miss having sex with him, i've not been getting... feeling turned on as much or as easily as I used to and I don't know why, I love Bruno, my feelings for him haven't changed, he's the sexiest man i've ever seen or known, I just don't know what's fucking wrong with me now and Martha tells her, you have a lot on your mind and you've gone and are going through a lot Leila and depression can affect people's sex drives and with how you've been feeling about yourself, it's surprising that you're able get turned on at all, that you can says a lot about your feelings and attraction for Bruno, so I don't think you need to worry about your sex drive in the long term, you might find that after you and Bruno have sex again that your sex drive goes back to the way it was and Leila tells Martha, I hope so.