Chapter 70

Thurs

5 days later

She smiles tiredly as she walks into the house, glad to be home again and she's looking forward to finally getting some sleep now that she doesn't need to keep herself awake anymore and she tells Bruno as he heads towards the stairs with their luggage, just put it all in the utilities room, it's all needing washed or dry cleaned, i'll sort it all out and bring the bags and our toiletries upstairs after I get some sleep and Bruno tells her, ok and he heads towards the kitchen and she follows him and asks him, are you hungry and he tells her, I guess I could eat a little something and she laughs and tells him, i'll make us something to eat and then i'm going to crash out and he tells her, I had Ryan get us some groceries and Leila watches Bruno as he walks into the utilities room and she walks over to the fridge and hopes she can find something quick to make for them to eat in it, because she really needs to sleep.

He feels full after eating the steak, sweet potato fries and salad that Leila had made for them both and he tells Leila who's still eating hers, that was a hell of a something to eat baby, thanks and she smiles and tells him, you're welcomed and he pours himself another glass of white wine and asks Leila, do you want more wine and she tells him, no, i'm good and they talk about how much fun they'd had in Dubai, his show there and how'd they'd celebrated the New Year there and after they've finished tidying and cleaning the kitchen and load the dish washer Bruno looks at his watch and is surprised as he works out that Leila hasn't slept in almost 20 hours now and he's about to tell her to go get some sleep when his phone rings and he pulls his phone out of the right pocket of his shorts pocket and seeing it's his dad calling Bruno smiles and answers his phone and after hearing who he's talking to Leila whispers to him, tell Pops hi for me, i'm going to check the office and she kisses his cheek and walks out of the kitchen.

He shakes his head as he walks into the office and sees Leila sitting up asleep on the sofa with the laptop on her lap and as he gets closer to her she starts to moan in her sleep and he strokes her shoulder and talks quietly to her and is relieved when she stops moaning and he takes the laptop from her lap and puts it on top of her desk and she starts moaning again in her sleep and he goes back to her quickly and talks to her quietly again and strokes her hair and shoulder but it doesn't stop her moaning and she starts moving around, looking agitated and she says no and she sounds frightened and Bruno curses knowing she's having a nightmare and she says no, stop and he shakes her shoulder firmly as he calls her name and she starts hitting him, trying to push him away and he clasps her wrists to stop her hitting him and she wakes up screaming no, breathing hard and looking scared and he talks to her calmly, telling her he's here and she's safe, waiting for her to realise that she's awake and Bruno's relieved when she whispers his name and he lets her wrists go and sits down beside her on the sofa and puts his arm around her shoulders and she starts to cry and he feels useless and he rubs her shoulder and kisses her head and wishes he could have 5 minutes alone with Luke.

She feels frustrated and angry that after going so long without sleep that she's had another nightmare and it had felt so real that she also feels dirty and she desperately wants to go have a shower and feel clean again, something she hasn't felt in a while from the nightmares, and she knows Bruno is being sweet and supportive but she can't stand being touched right now and she pulls away from him and he says her name and Leila closes her eyes and tells him, i'm going to have a shower and Bruno tells her, ok, lets go baby and she wipes her tears away and shakes her head and tells him quietly, I need to shower by myself and she gets up off the sofa and walks to the office door and tells him without looking at him, i'm sorry and she walks out the door and runs upstairs to their bedroom and gets her robe out of her closet and goes into the bathroom and closes and locks the bathroom door.

Her arms are sore from washing her body over and over again and finally feeling clean again she leans against the wall in the shower and wonders if the nightmares will ever stop, she'd stopped having them every night when she and Bruno went on honeymoon and moved in here and she closes her eyes because she knows what caused the nightmare she had on the plane flying to Dubai, their 2nd night there and again tonight was Bruno telling her what his problem with her house was before they'd left to go to Dubai as Luke had taunted her about it and attacked her in nightmares and Leila knows that's something that Bruno doesn't need to know as it'd make him feel guilty and Leila jerks as Bruno asks her if she's ok from outside the bathroom door and raising her voice so he'll hear her she tells him, i'm fine, i'll be out soon and she turns off the shower and promises herself that she'll talk to Martha about it at her next therapy session with her on Monday.