Chapter 63

Fri

3 days later

She slams the front door shut and walks quickly into the kitchen and she gets a wine glass and a bottle of white wine out of the wine rack and she opens it and pours herself a glass and drinks half the glass hoping it will settle her down as she still feels rattled from the paparazzi who had been all over her when she'd left the restaurant and she hopes Bruno's night is going better than hers had and she smiles as Geronimo walks into the kitchen and sits down beside her and she rubs his head and Leila sighs as it had been good to catch up with her friends tonight and she still feels surprised that the paparazzi are interested in her at all as they've always left her alone when she's been out without Bruno in the past but she knows it's only because she's married to Bruno now and that's news worthy but it had been unsettling how they had come after her tonight when Bruno wasn't with her and she hopes it doesn't happen again but she knows it probably will and she hopes she's able to cope with it better in future and as much as she doesn't want to she knows she'll have to tell Bruno what happened and she knows he's going to be pissed about it, but she'll deal with that later and she finishes her glass of white wine and tells Geronimo, i'm going to get changed then we'll go watch some tv and wait for your daddy to come home.

She looks up and smiles as Bruno walks into the family room and she switches the tv off and he walks over and sits down beside her on the sofa and kisses her and she asks him, how was poker with the guys, did you have fun, did you win and Bruno grins and tells her, yeah, I cleaned up and he pulls out a bulging white envelope out of the inside pocket of his jacket and drops it onto the coffee table and tells her, that's 20k right there baby and Leila laughs and tells him, well done and asks him are the guys still talking to you and he smirks and tells her, barely, they're sore losers and he asks her, how was dinner with the girls and she shrugs and tells him, it was good and Bruno puts his arm around her shoulders and asks her, what's wrong, did you have a fight with 1 of your friends and Leila sighs knowing that he's not going to be happy about what happened and tells him, dinner was great, the paparazzi showed up while we were having desert and since our table was by the window they got plenty of photos, we did our best to ignore them but when I was leaving the restaurant they were all over me like a pack of wolves, shoving their cameras in my face and shouting questions at me about us, blocking my way to my car, it was horrible, if it wasn't for my friends, I don't know how I would have managed to get away from them and she can see the anger on Bruno's face and she kisses him and tells him, i'll be more careful in future.

He is furious that Leila had to go through that and wishes he could get his hands on the fucking paparazzi that had treated her like that and he strokes her shoulder and tells her, i'm sorry and he asks her, did they hurt you and he's relieved when Leila tells him, you've nothing to be sorry for Bruno, they didn't hurt me and he kisses her head and tells her, you should have called me and Leila tells him, I didn't want to ruin your night with the guys, i'm ok, it was just unnerving and he strokes her shoulder and tells her, promise me if it happens again that you'll call me and Leila kisses his chin and tells him, I promise and he tells her, I know you don't want to do any of the interviews that we've been asked to do since we got home from our honeymoon and even though i'm not crazy about the idea, maybe if we do 1 then the paparazzi will leave you alone when you're out without me and Leila sighs and tells him, and maybe it won't make a difference so why do something neither of us wants to do, plus you like to keep your personal life private and so do I, it's ok, i'll hire a car and driver when i'm going out with the girls in future, it'll be fine and she leans against him and he rests his head against hers and hopes she's right.

She plays with Bruno's hair as he lies on the sofa with his head on her thigh as he watches the last episode of Game of thrones that he's been putting off watching, it's not a show that she likes but she had talked him into watching it in order to get him to relax as he had been so angry about what had happened to her outside the restaurant with the paparazzi and she had watched him slowly relax as she played with his hair and he got engrossed in his show and she closes her eyes and falls asleep.

He lifts Leila up carefully from the sofa where she had fallen asleep while playing with his hair as he'd been watching Game of thrones and he carries her upstairs to their bedroom and puts her down gently on top of their bed and he manages to get her under the sheets without waking her up and he goes and gets changed into a pair of grey sweat pants and he brushes his teeth and gets into bed beside Leila and he rests his arm over her waist and he hears his phone ping with a message alert and he groans and decides to ignore it then he hears his phone ping again and again and he grabs his phone off his night stand as it continues to ping with message alerts and Bruno gets up out of bed and goes into his closet and closes the door and he looks at all the messages on his phone and he reads through them all quickly, they're from Ryan and his band and they're all asking him if Leila is ok and telling him that TMZ has just shown a video online of Leila being surrounded by paparazzi and they're claiming that it was taken earlier that night and his phone pings with another message alert and he opens it and sees a link that Ryan has sent him and he clicks on the link and watches the video it takes him to and he feels his blood boil as he watches it and sees paparazzi surround Leila outside the restaurant, pushing their cameras into her face and shouting questions at her about them and not letting her get to her car and he can see she looks scared and it angers him more and he watches as her friends push the paparazzi away from her and walk Leila to her car and Bruno grits his teeth and he texts Ryan and his band and tells them that Leila is ok thankfully and is sleeping like a baby and he switches his phone off and wishes he could kick the ass of every paparazzi he'd seen on the video that had scared Leila and he walks around his closet and imagines hurting them and he feels his anger ease up and he opens the door to his closet and walks over to the bed and puts his phone on top of his night stand and he gets into bed beside Leila and he puts his arm over her waist and kisses her head and feels himself relax from knowing that Leila is ok and she's safe in bed beside him.

He can't sleep as he keeps seeing the video of Leila being surrounded by paparazzi play over and over in his head and the thought of it happening again when she's by herself without anyone there to help her worries him and he decides that in future when Leila goes out without him that he'll have 2 of Lonnie's guys follow her and make sure she's safe, but he knows she'll fight him on it and Bruno sighs and decides that he won't tell her, he knows of course that if something happens that Lonnie's guys will step in, then she'll know what he's done and be pissed at him but he'll deal with that if it happens and knowing that she won't be out alone again without protection Bruno feels relieved and he yawns and closes his eyes and finally falls asleep.