Chapter 104 Part 3

He has been watching Leila sit by the pool since his family left almost an hour ago and Bruno doesn't know how much longer he can stop himself from going to Leila because watching Leila from the kitchen window is killing him, he wants to be with her and try to make her feel better, it had taken everything in him to let Leila leave the lounge by herself earlier and not go after her when he could see that she was close to tears and hurting, he's given Leila the space and time alone that she wanted, but it's fucking hard and Bruno doesn't think he can stay away from Leila for much longer.

She feels stiff from sitting too long by the pool and Leila wonders when she'll stop feeling so hurt and offended and she stands up and stretches her neck and shoulders and she looks at the house and Leila is surprised to see Bruno standing in front of the door to the backyard holding a bottle of water and he smiles at her and Leila smiles back at Bruno as best as she can and she walks over to Bruno and he says to her, hey baby and Leila says hey to Bruno and asks him, is your family still here and Bruno shakes his head no and tells her, no, they left almost 2 hours ago and Leila's surprised that Bruno's family left that long ago and Leila feels bad for feeling relieved that Bruno's family aren't still here and she tells Bruno, i'm sorry, I lost track of time and Bruno strokes her hair and tells her, you've nothing to be sorry for Leila, i'm sorry that some of my family hurt and insulted you so much tonight and Leila tries to smile and fails and she tells Bruno, it's ok, it's not your fault Bruno and Bruno tells her, it's not ok, you look and sound so sad and I can tell you're not angry anymore, but you're still feeling hurt and i'd do anything to take your pain away baby and Leila looks away from Bruno and tells him, I know, I stopped being angry a few minutes before I finished talking to your family when I realised that as long as you know the truth Bruno then what anyone else thinks about me doesn't matter, I just wish i'd realised that sooner and I wouldn't have said anything, I want you to know that i'm grateful for the way you defended me and spoke up for me tonight and Bruno tells her, i'll always defend you and speak up for you Leila and if you hadn't said anything to my family then I sure as hell would have, you surprised me tonight and Leila feels confused and she looks at Bruno and asks him, how did I surprise you and Bruno tells her, because I know how angry you were and I could tell that you were holding back your anger when you were talking to my family and I have a feeling that you held back because of me and I could tell that you wanted to hit Tiara and I wouldn't have blamed you if you had and Leila tells Bruno, you're right, I had every intention of letting the full force of my anger loose on Tiara, but you were majorly pissed off with Billy and if he said anything else about me after I let my anger loose, I knew i'd be too caught up in my own anger to stop you from going after him again, so I held back as much of my anger as I could, I wanted to slap Tiara so fucking bad, but I didn't because I knew there might be no coming back from that with your family for either of us and there's no way i'd risk you paying for my actions, plus Tiara got that question from what Jaime told her about me and Jaime's lucky she wasn't here tonight because there's no way i'd have been able to stop myself from going after her.

He holds out his left hand to Leila that's holding 1 of her anti depressant tablets in the palm of his hand and Bruno tells Leila, here baby, you're well past due your last dose for the day and Leila takes the anti depressant tablet from the palm of his hand and puts it into her mouth and Bruno takes the lid off the bottle of water that's he's holding in his right hand and he holds the bottle of water out to Leila and she takes it from him and drinks some of the water and Bruno hopes the anti depressant kicks in fast and lifts Leila's mood, he can tell from how puffy her eyes look that Leila's been crying and Leila asks him, how long have you been standing here waiting with my medication and Bruno shrugs and he tells Leila, a while and Leila hugs him and leans her head against his chest and Bruno wraps his arms around Leila and tells her, we can go home tomorrow if you want and Leila lifts her head up from his chest, looks at him and tells him, no, we agreed that we'd stay on for a week if the lie detector showed that no one else in your family is holding a grudge against you or wants to hurt you and since we know now that they don't, then lets stay on as planned so you can be close to Eric and your sisters again and Bruno knows that Leila is putting him before herself as usual and he asks her, I know you're willing to stay because of me Leila but what about you, can you handle being around my family again after tonight and Bruno can see the doubt on Leila's face and he tells her, I know you didn't mean it when you told Tahiti, Tiara and Billy that you could move past what happened tonight with them and before they left they told me to tell you that they hope you can forgive them and will give them another chance and they'll show you that they're not complete assholes.