Chapter 74

Wed

3 days later

She closes her eyes as Bruno starts the car relieved that the meeting with the CEO of Walt Disney is over and she asks Bruno, please tell me you're happy with your contract with Disney now and he tells her, after my lawyer has read it word for word and confirms that what Bob Iger told us is in there with no loop holes, then i'm fine with it and Leila sighs and tells Bruno, I hope it is because that was a hell of a long meeting, someone should record Bob Iger talking about anything, he talks slow and uses 20 words to tell something that could be told in 5 words and Bruno shakes his head and asks her, why should someone record him talking and she shrugs and tells him, because his voice could put even someone with insomnia to sleep and would be like a cold shower for a sex addict and Bruno bursts out laughing and Leila opens her eyes and smiles, loving seeing him happy and hearing him laugh and she tells him, name your price and Bruno laughs and asks her, what are you talking about and she tells him, name your price for me never having to go to another meeting with you with Bob Iger and Bruno tells her, I don't know baby, I know he's boring and long winded but I need my personal assistant with me and Leila can tell by his voice that Bruno's playing with her, but 2 can play that game and she tells him, I just thought 24 hours of getting whatever you want is a hell of a lot better than 24 hours of not getting anything that you want, including sex, but if you need me with you, then so be it and Leila's pleased to see Bruno look uneasy and he clears his throat and tells her, you know what, I think I can handle anymore meetings that there may be with Bob Iger without you, i'll still have my lawyer with me and Leila smiles feeling pleased with herself and tells him, i'm sure you can and she closes her eyes and imagines doing a victory dance.

She walks out of the pet store pushing the shopping cart glad that she was able to get 2 bags of the dry dog food that Geronimo likes since Walmart hadn't had any left and she hadn't been able to resist buying him 3 new toys and she jerks to a stop as a muscular looking white man with short brown hair wearing black jeans and a grey t shirt who looks to be in his thirties steps in front of her shopping cart holding a camera and asks her, how was your honeymoon with Bruno, how does it feel to be Mrs Mars and Leila rolls her eyes and tells him, none of your damn business and she walks around him and heads towards the car park where Bruno, Lonnie and Dave are waiting for her and she ignores the man who continues to ask her questions and he tells her, give me something, i'm just trying to make a living like everyone else and Leila shakes her head feeling annoyed with the man who is obviously paparazzi and without warning he grabs her left arm and she lets go of the shopping cart and tries to pull her arm free of his grasp but he has too tight a grip on it and feeling scared she presses the diamond in the centre of her brooch twice and using the self defence moves that Lonnie taught her she manages to get away from him and she grabs the shopping cart and starts walking quickly into the car park and he grabs her roughly from behind and turns her around and he raises his right hand and Leila braces herself to be hit when he's pulled away from her and thrown onto the ground by Dave and Bruno runs to her and wraps his arms around her and she puts her arms around his waist and holds onto him tightly and and he asks her, are you ok baby, did that fucker hurt you and she takes a deep breath and looks at Bruno and tells him, he's paparazzi, i'm ok, I just want to get out of here, please and Bruno rubs her back and tells her, we should call the cops and Leila tries to smile and tells him, he's the 1 who got hurt, so lets just go and she hears the man groan and he calls her a bitch and she jumps a little and looks at him and sees that the man is still on the ground and Lonnie has his foot on the man's neck and Bruno moves towards him quickly and Leila uses all the strength she has to pull him back and tells him, he's not worth it and Bruno stops and angrily tells the man, the only bitch here is you, call my wife another name mother fucker and you'll be sorry and if you ever come near her again, i'll fuck you up, you son of a bitch and Bruno asks him, do you understand me and Lonnie removes his foot from the man's neck and tells him, my boss asked you a question so answer him and the man rubs his neck and coughs and tells Bruno, I understand and Bruno tells him, you better and Leila can feel how tense Bruno is and she can tell he's majorly pissed off and she strokes his arm and tells him, lets go home and Bruno looks at her and she feels him relax a little and he strokes her hair and tells her, ok, lets go and he clasps her right hand her and leads her away and she tells him, wait, I need to get the shopping cart and Bruno tells her, don't worry about it baby and he stops and turns and tells Lonnie, get the shopping out of the shopping cart, put it in your car and we'll see you guys at home and Lonnie tells him, no problem and Bruno leads her to his car and they get into the car, fasten their seat belts and Bruno tells her, thank fuck you're wearing your brooch and he asks her, are you sure you're ok baby and she rests her hand on his thigh and tells him, yeah, I just want to go home and he leans over and kisses her gently and tells her, you've got it and he starts the car and Leila knows that despite him being sweet, loving and gentle with her, Bruno is mad and Leila hopes he's calmed down by the time they get home.