Chapter 99

Fri

4 days later

He watches Leila walk out of the family room with Martha and he turns the spy cam on his laptop off and Bruno wonders what to do about what he'd heard Leila tell Martha, he'd known drinking champagne on Monday night had bothered Leila and now he knows it had brought back memories of how she had drank in Mexico and he'd been surprised to hear Leila say she doesn't think drinking spirits again would be a good idea because she misses the burn from it and she's worried about developing a drinking problem and Martha had pointed out to Leila that she'd told her that she had pushed her half glass of champagne away on Monday night and she's had plenty of opportunity to drink at home and hasn't and someone with a drinking problem would be unlikely to be able do that, the first time drinking after what she's been through was always going to be hard but she needs to do what feels right for her, which seemed to ease Leila's mind and he'd known when his dad had told them on the phone that morning that he wants the family to get together for a long weekend in 2 weeks that Leila wasn't crazy about the idea and neither is he, but being worried and nervous about their first visit with his family after what Jaime did to them is understandable, he'd heard Leila tell Martha that she's scared about someone else in his family having beef with him that he doesn't know about and them coming after him and that's something that has crossed his mind too, a lot, but Bruno honestly can't think of a reason that would have any of his family doing that, but he wouldn't have thought it of Jaime either, which makes him doubt if he can truly trust his family and he hates that.

She looks at her hair that she's left down to make her face look fuller and her light make up and the fitting Versace black and white colour block knee length dress with cap sleeves and the matching 3 inch heeled shoes she's wearing and the tear drop diamond earrings, gold butterfly charm bracelet, her gold heart locket and her engagement ring and wedding ring that she's wearing and Leila looks away from the mirror and bites her bottom lip feeling unsure if what she's wearing is ok and she looks at Bruno who has been standing by her closet door watching her as she gets ready and she tells him, quit perving on me and tell me what you think and Bruno smirks and tells her, I can perv on you if I want to, that's a husbands privilege, i've got rights baby and Leila laughs, looks away from Bruno and asks him, do I look ok and Bruno comes over to her, he cups her chin, lifts her face up and he kisses her and tells her, you look beautiful baby and i'm hoping i'll get lucky when you get home tonight and get your Versace on the floor, Bruno's words relax her and they along with the way he's looking at her makes her kitty tingle and Leila clasps her hands behind Bruno's neck, kisses him and tells him, i've got a feeling that we're both going to get lucky when I get home tonight horn dog.

He can't relax, he's felt uneasy since he watched 2 of Lonnie's men drive away with Leila since she had tried and failed to drive through the gates yesterday and had been in tears unable to drive away from him to go and have lunch with her friends, it had brought back bad memories for both of them from when Leila had left him and she had agreed to go out to dinner with her friends tonight and was going to hire a car and driver to take her, but he'd reminded her that since 2 of Lonnie's men will be following her to make sure she's safe then she might as well ride with them and she'd agreed and Bruno sighs as he remembers that Leila hadn't been happy when she'd found out he was having her followed when she's out without him which he'd started doing after paparazzi had cornered her on a night out with her friends and he'd explained to her that having 2 of Lonnie's men follow her when she's out without him is to make sure that doesn't happen again and to keep her safe, she won't know the guys are there unless she needs them and she'd been fine about it, just pissed that he'd done it without telling her and even though he knows that Leila is with 2 of Lonnie's men who will keep her safe, he hates being apart from her, it feels wrong that she's out without him, they haven't been apart since he found her in that damn hospital in Mexico 54 fucking days ago, he's grown use to having Leila all to himself, he's loved it and he knew it couldn't last forever and part of them getting their lives back to normal would be them spending time together and apart to do things for work and with friends and family, and even though he would have preferred Leila to stay home with him tonight and he could have talked her into it easily as she had been nervous and hadn't wanted to leave him, he couldn't use her feelings against her to get what he wanted, so he had encouraged her, reassured her and had convinced her to go and have dinner with her friends tonight because he knows whether they like it or not, they both need this, they need to be able to be independent of each other again and it's only for a few hours and Bruno hopes spending time apart will be be easier for both of them in future.