Chapter 38

Mon

2 days later

She smiles as she tastes the bolognese that she's made for dinner pleased with how good it tastes and Bruno walks in and tells her, damn, that smells good baby and Leila smiles and tells him, it tastes good too and she spoons up a little as he walks towards her and she blows on it gently and holds the spoon out to Bruno who tastes it, moans and tells her, this tastes great and he asks her, when will dinner be ready and Leila laughs and tells him, all I have to do now if you're ready for dinner is to cook the spaghetti and Bruno tells her, oh i'm ready now baby and she tells him, ok and Leila goes and gets some cold water to boil to cook the spaghetti and she asks Bruno, did you have a good time with Eric and Bruno leans against the breakfast bar and tells her, yeah, who knew putting a doll house together for Vida could be fun, I just hope she doesn't manage to break this 1 and Leila bites her lip and tells him, well, if you and Eric have done a good job making it, then it should be ok, unless there's shoddy workmanship and Bruno stands up straight and tells her, I never do shoddy work, that doll house will survive a fucking nuclear bomb and Leila laughs at how insulted Bruno looks and sounds and she asks him, but will it survive Vida and Bruno sighs and tells her, I honestly don't know baby and he asks her, how was your therapy session with Martha and Leila bites her bottom lip and tells Bruno, it was fine, lets talk about it after dinner and Bruno asks her, is something wrong and Leila shakes her head no and tells him, no, i'll tell you about it after dinner Bruno and he sighs and tells her, ok and Leila can see the worry on his face and she smiles and tells him, there's nothing to worry about and Bruno blows out a breath looking relieved and tells her, good.

He turns away from the dishwasher that he's finished loading and Bruno looks at Leila who is standing across from him looking nervous and he walks over to her and asks her, will you tell me now what happened at your therapy session baby and she tells him, yeah, i've been nervous since confirming everything this morning that you want for your residency in Las Vegas next month and I had an idea on the way to see Martha about how I might be able to go without embarrassing you or myself and Bruno interrupts her and asks her, what do you mean might be able to go, i'm not going without you, you could never and would never embarrass me Leila and Leila sighs and tells him, if I have a flashback in public, especially around your fans when they approach me like they usually do, then I could embarrass both of us, but I think I might have found a way to not have anymore flashbacks and I spoke to Martha about it who has a friend who's a therapist and he uses hypnosis sometimes and i'm not crazy about seeing a guy I don't know... but Martha said that he's really good and if it works, I could be almost like my old self again and Bruno's stunned and tells her, I understand that you want the flashbacks to stop, I do too Leila, but whether the hypnosis works or not, i'll support you even if I think you're wrong but I want you to go to Las Vegas with me, i'm not going away for 2 weeks without you damn it.

She feels hurt by Bruno's response and Leila steps back from him and asks him, are you really telling me that you think i'm wrong to try hypnosis and doubt it could work and Bruno tells her, not quite, let me explain Leila, I want you to know that i'll always support you, even if I don't agree with you and Leila feels hurt and asks Bruno, why do you think i'm wrong to try hypnosis and Bruno sighs and tells her, i've heard of it helping people to stop smoking and to help people lose weight and who have phobias, but I don't take it seriously because the hypnosis i've seen done has been on shows where people are made to do some dumb, funny shit baby, your flashbacks are serious and not to be taken lightly, I just want what's best for you, look i'll go with you and Leila shakes her head no and tells Bruno, no thanks, I was going to ask you to come with me, but I don't think it'd be a good idea so i'll ask 1 of my friends to go with me instead because I want someone with me who can think positively about it or at least keep an open mind about it and I don't think you can and Bruno walks over to her, clasps her hands and asks her, would you rather I lied to you and Leila smiles sadly and tells Bruno, of course not and he asks her, then why do you look so hurt Leila and she tells him, because i'd hoped that even if you don't approve of me trying hypnosis or think that it won't work that you'd have an open mind to it, it's fine, i'll just go and phone 1 of my friends and ask them to go with me and Leila tries to smile and fails and she pulls her hands away from Bruno's and walks out the kitchen feeling hurt and disappointed.

He has left Leila alone since she left him in the kitchen almost an hour ago and he's been watching her from the office window for a while now as she sits by the pool playing fetch with Geronimo and Bruno feels like shit for upsetting Leila, but he had to be honest with her and now he needs to fix this and undo the pain he's caused her and he goes out to the pool and watches Leila throw Geronimo's ball again and she turns and looks at him and Bruno sees the how sad she looks and it makes him feel more guilty and he walks over to her as Geronimo runs over to him and he stops to rub Geronimo's head and ears and he walks over to Leila and tells her, look, i'm sorry, the last thing I ever want to do is hurt you in any way and Leila tells him quietly, I know that and Bruno sighs and tells her, I really didn't know much about hypnosis and I was wrong to judge it without finding out more about it and for thinking that you might be wrong to try it, but i've looked it up online and it might work and I hope it does help you and he asks Leila, when do you go to get hypnotised and Leila sighs and tells him, Thursday at 10am and Bruno sits down beside Leila, looks at her and tells her, i'm thinking positively about the hypnosis and my mind is open to it now and he asks Leila, will you let me go with you and Leila sighs, looks at him and tells him, you're sweet to look up hypnosis online and Bruno clasps Leila's right hand and tells her, I can see it means a lot to you, so I looked it up and Leila smiles a little at him and tells him, I know there will be times when we don't agree about something and that's fine, but it's the way you said what you did to me in the kitchen that's hurt me, it was disappointing because I thought if nothing else that you'd have an open mind about it and Bruno feels gutted that he's made Leila feel that way and he tells her, I do now, but mostly I was reacting to you maybe not going to Las Vegas with me and the thought of being hundreds of miles away from you for 2 weeks and something happening to you when i'm not here kills me, i'm sorry baby and Leila tells him, I want to go with you to Las Vegas and I can see that you're sorry so I accept your apology and i'd love for you to go with me on Thursday when I get hypnotised Bruno and I know there's no guarantees that hypnosis will work, but I have to try it and he kisses her gently and Bruno leans his head against Leila's and tells her, I know and i'm here for you and Leila smiles and tells him, thanks and she kisses him and asks him, how about we go and kiss and make up properly horn dog and Bruno laughs and tells her, i'd love to and he stands up and pulls Leila up and they go into the house and up to their bedroom where they kiss and make up over and over again.

She watches Bruno as he sleeps and Leila's glad that they've cleared the air between them, but she's worried that the hypnosis won't work and if it doesn't, then she doesn't see how she can continue working for Bruno and Leila knows he will lose his shit if it comes to that, but she doesn't want to embarrass either of them by having a flashback in public, especially around his fans or paparazzi and she doesn't want to be referred to as Bruno's crazy girlfriend and Leila knows that's probably 1 of the nicest things that people will call her.