43. too far gone

43. too far gone

 too far gone

QUINN

     'NO!' RICK SCREAMED, HIS VOICE BREAKING WITH PAIN. He raised his gun, firing while starting to run for cover. The bullet hit the Governor in the arm and suddenly bullets came flying out of all directions.

Next to her, Michonne let herself fall on the ground, rolling over the grass to get out of the way and avoid being hit. Quinn didn't hesitate to do the same, her body aching everytime it hit the ground. They ended up hiding behind a red car as the gunshots kept on echoing over the field.

'Here!' Michonne yelled, gesturing for Quinn to come over. The lisence plate of the car had a sharp edge and she leaned against it, moving her arms up and down to cut the rope around her wrists.

Finally she managed to get it done and then turned to Quinn and tore the rope of her wrists. Quinn finally noticed the tears rolling down her own cheeks and while exhaling deeply she wiped them away, this was no time for crying. They had to do something.

Suddenly the tank next to them started moving, rolling up towards the fence. She watched with wide eyes as the iron that had kept them safe for months was torn down like paper as the Governor's army moved inside. The tank started firing, blowing up parts of the walls of the prison, the stone shattering with a loud bang, sending dust flying in all directions.

Quinn fell down on her knees in the grass, breathing heavily, she had no idea what to do. Her hands were trembling, her view blurry as she watched what had become the only home she'd ever known, be torn apart within minutes.

'Quinn!' Michonne yelled her name but her voice was nothing but a dull noise in the background. When her friend seemed to realise words were useless, she placed her hand on Quinn's shoulder, shaking her. 'Quinn! Snap out of it, we have to go!'

Her eyes landed on Michonne's face, whose eyes were watering as well but her features were drawn in a determined frown. And that fierce expression that had given her courage so many times before made the world come rushing back to Quinn and she nodded firmly.

'I saw your daggers in the car, go get them, we have to find the others,' Michonne said, nodding at Quinn, making sure she heard it before standing up and picking up her katana from the ground.