CH 4 - SUFFOCATION WITHIN

"Meri pyaari Anika....." Tara said dramatically as he made herself comfortable on Anika's swing inside her room.

"Aate hi natak shuru ha" Anika chuckled.

"Kya karu? Option hi nahi hai" Tara replied and Anika simply nodded unlike her regular behaviour.

"Anything happened?" Tara asked

"No no. Tum fresh ho gayi?" Anika diverted the topic.

"Ghumao mat aur jaldi se band darwaze khol daalo" Tara said

"Aisa kuch nahi hai, I was just thinking something"

"And what's that?" Tara asked

"I feel like being a liability on myself. Itna swasth hoke bhi ghar me velli baithi hun" Anika said crossing her legs and letting out her emotions. For the past one month, she has been thinking it but there was no way to reveal it to anyone.

"Mujhe lag hi raha tha kuch to chal raha iss dimag me" Tara pointed her fingers towards Anika

"I am serious." Anika sighed

Meanwhile, Aryan entered the room after his office.

"dono ke bich kya khus pus ho rahi hai? And who is serious?" he asked

"Anika khud ko bojh samajh rahi hai" Tara replied

"Not at all Anu, aisa nahi hai" Aryan confronted her

"Waise nahi Aryan. Mujhe job karna hai" Anika said finally and a flashback of the past flashed in front of Aryan.

"Achanak kyu?" his faded face came to her notice

"Aryan, I know gharwaale orthodox nahi hai but you all are just extra protective towards me. Maine apna promise bhi rakha hai but now I wanna be independent. Aise ghar me nahi padi rehna hai. Its suffocating" Anika let out her frustration.

"Vinay Uncle se baat karo and batao unhe jo abhi hume kaha" Tara said

"Exactly Anu, we are there for you lekin pehla step tujhe hi lena hai" Aryan assured her.

Anika has always felt that Aryan is the best person in her life after her family and sometimes he even understood her more than her brothers.

"Thanks" Anika side hugged him and went upto to take Vinay's permission.

.

.

.

.

"Shivaay, hume tujhe ek good news deni hai" Om and Gauri told him as he descended the stairs wearing casuals.

"Bhaiyaaaa, O pregnant hai!!" Rudy exclaimed and Shivaay looked at Om for once and then his lower half.

"Shut up Rudra" Om said rolling his eyes.

"Ghar me nanha mehmaan aane wala hai" Jhanvi completed as Gauri was too shy to say anything and only blushed harder.

Shivaay's meekly smiled and engulfed Om in a warm hug.

"Congrats O" he said but his mind drifted back to old memories.

"I can't forgive a murderer"

"He not only killed my soul but also my unborn baby"

He pinched his skin with utmost pain to not let his tears fall. His breathing became heavy and he broke the hug.

"Long way to go. Ab to sirf pata hi chala hai, two months" Om said shyly.

"Isiliye mai keh raha tha ki Om pregnant hai kyunki use zyada sharam aati hai" Rudy put forward his point.

"Jab tera baat hoga, tab baat karenge" Om said

"Uske liye meri shaadi honi padegi, tum log ladki nahi dhund rahe ho mere liye" Rudy made a pity face and faked crying

"Shivaay, tu chup kyu hai?" Om asked but he was lost in his own world.

"Shivaay.." Jhanvi patted his shoulders

"Back to Earth" she said

"Wo I need to immediately call Mike, its urgent" he
went up again to his room and locked it.

He couldn't take any further steps and fell while leaning on the door and hit the floor with his bare hand as hard as possible to let the pain overcome his grief. But that's not possible. He knew it. He tried this technique many times but always failed. More bruises added but he is still unaffected.

He took out the lighter from his pocket and applied it on his bruises like a medicine. He winced and then threw it away.

His self-destructive mode always stopped him from coming back to home as he never wanted Jhanvi to see him like this, so broken. He could have killed himself at once but that would be injustice to his family who care for him so much..

"Take me with you" he said weakly and fell on the floor curled up like a baby in need of a special love.

.

.

.

"Papa, mujhse aapse kuch baat karni thi" Anika stood near with a nervous expression.

"Andar aao beta" Vinay smiled and she entered.

She sat on the bed near him, fiddling with her fingers.

"Mai job hi kahungi aap ek baar thande dimaag se sochke hi mujhe batayiega." Anika said still looking down

"Pehle aakhein milao aur phir batao" Vinay said

Anika gradually looked into his eyes before saying it

"Mujhe job karna hai.."

SORRY.. WAS STUCK IN A FAMILY EMERGENCY. HOW WAS THE UPDATE?

FEELING BAD FOR SHIVAAY?

WHAT WILL BE VINAY'S DECISION?

WHAT WAS THE PROMISE ANIKA MENTIONED?

QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS AND QUESTIONS. THE KEY TO THE SOLUTION IS TIME. WAIT..

THANKS FOR READING

ANNE