CH 6 - WEIRDO OFFICE

"So now I am standing here with the hope of getting a decent job" Anika exclaimed as she stood outside the building with a file in her hand and perfectly paired clothes for the interview.

Was she nervous?

Too much for anyone to even guess..

"Babe, just give your best and you will pull it off" she remembered Tara's words before moving out of the home. Although, Abhay wanted to drop her but she resisted as now all she wanted is a life without a surname or a family background and most importantly favours.

"I am here for the interview" Anika said at the reception.

The girl who was cladded in a formal skirt and blouse looked at her, shock visible on her face and she instantly hided it with an awkward smile.

"You are?" she asked

"Anika" she replied.

After clicking on the computer screen, the girl looked up to her.

"Sir is up in the 5th floor. Kindly wait for your turn" she said and Anika went to take the lift.

On her way to lift, she found people having tired faces, creased lines, raised brows and it made her feel disappointed for a moment.

"In sab pe dhyaan mat de, jo karne aayi hai wo kar" her mind taunted.

As she reached the 5th floor, she was expecting a few candidates at least but there was no one except for a lady at the counter who doesn't look like an Indian.

"I am here for the interview" Anika said and the lady, probably in her mid-forties nodded.

"You are hired" she said

Anika felt like she heard something else.

"Excuse me?"

"we are in a serious need of employees, so he doesn't want to check upon it. You will be paid 20,000 a month" she said casually

'That's too less' Anika thought in her mind but nevertheless accepted it.

"I will gather experience and then will resign" she murmured inaudibly

"You can join today itself. Sir has a meeting with Oberoi Empires in an hour so he wants these papers to be faxed. Currently all her busy in doing their assigned job, so take it over" she said in a duh tone.

Oberoi, the name sounds familiar.

"Bete ki dum, ye to wahi company hai jiske baare me har business magazine me mention rehta hai." Anika remembered quickly.

"It will be done soon, kindly keep the file safe here" Anika said

The atmosphere around felt weird but still hoping everything will fall back to place.

She didn't even realize when the hour finished and everyone around began tensed for an unknown reason yet to be discovered by her.

"I heard he is very rude" someone spoke

"Ya dude and even I read in an Article, he had a rough past, family issues and his wife" another replied

"But he is hot af" a girl exclaimed

"And the name SSO sounds so sexy" other one added

Anika felt being a world of perplexion and irritation. She thought for once to call Khushi to get a relax chat but this will be against the office ethics and she dropped the idea.

"Anika right?" that girl at the reception called her

"Yea"

"Arrange these papers in the conference room in the 2nd floor and come out asap" she said in a go and went away to adjust her dress.

Anika ran like never before in a week to do the needful. She was doing a job not knowing in what post she was exactly. It was more like offering a job to a peon to serve the people coming without having his credentials signed or seen by the head. She was frustrated and made her mind to discuss the matter after this Oberoi thing ends.

She heard the hustle bustle coming from the ground floor indicating that the person who was a gossip arrived.

"Lets see kaun hai ye SSO"

I KNOW I AM EXTRA LATE BUT YOU ALL KNOW THE REASON WELL. I  WILL START WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW ITSELF AND WILL POST ASAP. 

THANKS TO ALL FOR READING

ANNE