CH 24 - FIRST FACE-OFF

The trip ended on a good note and Anika reached her home with a smile on her face.

The family was waiting for her return in the living room.

Anika bade goodbye to the driver and entered Singhania Mansion.

"Anu"

She walked towards Vinay and hugged him and then to Arnav, Abhay, Khushi and Tara.

"Bua, maine aapko bohut miss kiya" Arshi said and she lifted her in her arms.

"Maine bhi" Anika kissed her cheeks.

"Moksh so gaya hai aur Aryan ab tak lauta nahi hai" Tara cleared and Anika smiled.

"Kaisi rahi trip?" Khushi asked.

"Acchi thi" Anika replied.

"Let her rest now. Hum dinner ke time baat karenge" Arnav said

Anika was really happy meeting her family but still she missed Shivaay a bit. Like his flirtatious lines, smile, arrogance, care everything. She has realised that this is not a normal boss-employee relationship, at least not for her. Its been just 3 weeks they have met but there was no awkwardness in anything. Whatever he was doing or they were doing feels so genuine. Even the first time they kissed, it was a moment of bliss for her. She has no clue what he feels but there is something more to it.

.

.

.

Anika got ready for office and was about to book a cab when Aryan grabbed her hand.

"Aapka driver haazir hai madam" he said and she chuckled.

"Kaha the kal?" she asked.

"Arey aane me late ho gaya and tum so gayi thi and since you were tired maine nahi jagaya. So kind of me right?" he said

"Self-obsession at another level just like Shi.." Anika stopped.

"Just like?" Aryan asked.

"Oh nothing. Mujhe late hoga to lets go" she said.

"I am a lawyer Anika, idiot nahi hun" he said and went out with the car keys. Anika felt guilty of not telling him and today, she will tell Shivaay about her problem.

Anika sat down and Aryan started the engine.

"Look, I have to tell you something" Anika said.

"I know" Aryan replied.

"You know?" she was shocked.

"See, mujhe pata hai you have been hiding something from me but kya I don't know. Mai wait kar raha tha tumhare bolne ka"

Anika felt really having him as her bestfriend.

"Force nahi karna chahta tha because you are not a kid jise sahi galat ki pehchaan na ho and I know it pretty well you will never do anything against the family"

"Thanks yaar itna trust karne ke liye mujhpe" she said.

"Chal bol" he said

"Not now, raat ko"

"As you wish"

They reached the office and both of them got down, Aryan just wanted to meet her boss as per the plan.

"Tujhe office nahi jana?" Anika asked.

"Jana hai na" Aryan couldn't come up with a better response.

Shivaay's car too reached and Anika was fearing now. But she has to face it.

"Dekh Aryan, I will introduce you to someone and you wont freak out. Promise?"

Shivaay got down in his usual attire , with sunglasses.

Hiseyes met Aryan's and both of them froze on that moment. Shivaay knew one day or the other he will have to face at least one of them but not so soon.

But Aryan was shocked to the core. The man from whom they have tried their level  best to keep Anika away is standing right in front of him and he is her boss.

Anika dragged Aryan towards Shivaay but she sensed something in their eyes.

"Aryan, I know he is my boss Shivaay Singh Oberoi"

"and he is my bestfriend, Aryan" Anika told Shivaay. He removed his glasses and forwarded his hand but Aryan was too numb to react. Anika jerked him a bit and they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Aryan. Anika ne tumhare baare me kafi kuch bataya hai" Shivaay said.

"But unfortunately, I was not aware of it" Aryan said coldly.

"Wo actually..." Anika was cut off in between by Aryan

"Never mind. Jald hi milenge"

And Shivaay went up with Mike and Aryan turned towards Anika.

"I know its lot to process but abhi kisi ko kuch mat bolna, I will explain you"

Aryan nodded and left for his office. Shivaay was in NY. when did he come back? And why Bangalore? All these questions were arising and he was afraid of the consequences. 

"Usi ne Anika se jhuth bulvaya" He took out his phone and dialed a number immediately.

"There is an emergency and I need your help" he said.

.

Here, Anika was not sure of Aryan's behavior. She placed the coffee cup on his table and was about to leave but Shivaay called her

"Your bestfriend was not very pleased to meet me" he said with arrogance.

"He will be ok. Mai samjha dungi use Sir" she said and went out.

"Thank God Aryan tha, koi aur hota to..." Shivaay thought but then his phone beeped with a notification.

.

Anika's day was not at all good. Shivaay went to his apartment because he was not feeling good. And of course nobody can question him.

"Delhi me hi sahi tha" she thought and after finishing her work, called the cab.

.

.

.

.

Shivaay was pacing in the terrace waiting impatiently. He couldn't even spend time with Anika today all because of.......

"I suppose you have again started your manipulation game Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi" the voice called out from behind. 

HEY GUYS!! I THINK THE LAST CHAPTER WAS NOT THAT GOOD BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF VOTES. HERE I PRESENT THE NEXT ONE. MY TARGET IS TO FINISH THIS BOOK BEFORE THE LOCKDOWN ENDS AS ONCE MY COLLEGE RE-STARTS, I WONT BE ABLE TO GIVE TIME TO WATTPAD.

THANKS TO ALL MY CONSTANT READERS AND THOSE WHO VOTE AND COMMENT EVERYTIME.

I LOVE EVERYONE.

ANNE