CH 25 - JUST NOT MY BOSS

"You don't know the new SSO yet Aryan" Shivaay said and Aryan moved near him.

"Enlighten me then" Aryan said.

"There is no point. I will be judged on the basis of my past" Shiv replied

"Nahi karta judge because I saw the love in your eyes for her when she was almost in her death bed" Though Aryan wanted to punish Shivaay at the beginning but he knows how much fierce Anika broke him, financially and mentally. He has seen the love between them.

"Then its confirmed I am not a manipulator" Shivaay spoke

"Of course you are. You came back from NY and Anika is working under you and most importantly you compelled her to lie to us, her family. Ye kya hai phir? May be your new revenge plan to snatch her from us."

"As much as I love her but I can't make her leave the family she values"

"You are selfish Shivaay, I can't trust you after everything"

"But you know no one can love her like I do. Admit it Aryan"

"And no one can hurt her like you did" Aryan spat back.

"You think maine sabak nahi sikha? You can't imagine what I went through these years without her, cursing myself everyday, drinking to die of renal failure as soon as possible"

Aryan was short of words. He believes Shivaay has got his lesson over these years but he can't convince Vinay or Arnav or Abhay. They believe Shivaay is no good for her and will never be.

"I didnt come on purpose aur mera usse milna ek coincidence hai because even he wants us to meet and stay happy" he pointed towards the sky.

"And what about the promise?" Aryan reminded and all the confidence drained out of Shivaay.

.
.
.
.
.

Anika was laying on her bed looking at all the pictures they clicked during the trip. She could remember the story behind each photo and was smiling throughout.

"Anika" it was Aryan on the door.

"Hey, fresh ho gaye? And dinner?" Anika asked

"Ho gaya sab kuch. Tara was there" he said and sat on the bed.

"Tujhe kuch bolna tha?" He asked.

"Haa. See I know you are very upset or mujhe at least tujhse chupana nahi chahiye tha but I was blinded. I wanted a job and moreover papa ko bolne se he will make sure that I don't have to face any problem. And phir mujhe pata chala ki Shivaay ki company foreign based hai... And I got caught up in the work" Anika explained.

"Shivaay? Sir nahi?" Aryan asked and Anika smiled. This was the thing Aryan feared.

"He is okay with it" Anika said

"Kuch aur bhi hai kya which I am not aware of?" Aryan made a last attempt

"Nope" she fiddled with her fingers

"Thik hai phir" he got up when Anika requested
"Please kisi ko mat batana. Time aane pe mai bataungi sabko"

"Except for Tara" Aryan said

"And one more thing, kuch bhi karne se pehle think about the family and I took your responsibility" and he went out.

Anika slept peacefully with all the good memories.

Next day, Anika got ready and as usual Aryan was there to drop her. As soon as she reached, Mike was preparing his cup of coffee

"Hey Mike" she said.

"Hey Anika" he said without a smile, so unlike him.

"Anything wrong?"

"Actually Anika.." He couldn't voice out and took her to Shivaay's cabin

He handed her a paper and when she read it her eyes popped out in shock. She looked up to Mike for some explanation.

"What is this?" She asked him

"I have no clue Ani why he did this but his order is my topmost priority." he said

"Where is Shivaay?"Anika asked

"He wont be coming today" He said.

"Give me his address" Anika demanded.

"I can't"

"Why can't you?" Anika was fuming in anger.

"Its just I can't. I work under him and questioning him or defying his order is the least I could do" he said.

Anika waited the entire day but he didn't turn up.

She went back home and dialed his number several times but it was switched off. She gave him more than 20 texts but no reply.

Next she called Aryan who picked up after two rings,
"I am on my way, thoda wait kar le"

As soon as Aryan reached, Anika got up. All the emotions she had been holding up the whole day needs to be out of her now.

"Kya hua?" He asked.

And she broke down in front of him.

"I have no clue Aryan. Kal tak sab thik tha and now this" she handed her the paper.

Aryan too was shocked. He knew it is for the best but seeing Anika crying and vulnerable made him weak too.

"Sshh Anu" he patted her back but her tears aren't ready to stop.

"Was it all my fault? Am I not worth it?" She sobbed harder

Aryan drove the car and when they reached home, she barged inside her room without any conversation and locked it from inside.

Vinay looked Aryan for some explanation and he managed to convince him that everything was okay.

"Anu just open the door" he banged but there was no response.

After a few mins, Tara began knocking her door.

"Anu, its Tara. Please khol"

Anika felt like confiding it in Tara and so she opened the door.

"My god, ye kya haal banaya hai?" Anika was at her worst.

Meanwhile Aryan was doing the talking with Vinay and Khushi. Thank God Aryan and Abhay hasn't returned from the office yet.

"You know you can talk to me about anything" Tara said and they sat on the bed. Anika folded her legs and cried harder.

"I don't know. I am feeling like garbage. I worked fine and everything was so good. Pata nahi kya change ho gaya achanak se" she said

"Anu, you at least got selected in your first interview, I got rejected twice. It was just a job" Tara rubbed her palms to calm her down.

"Its wasn't a job for me. Shivaay was not just my boss"

Tara feared this the most but the damage is done.
.
.
.

.
.
.

"How dare you kick me out from here?" Anika stomped her feet as she entered his cabin with rage in her voice.

HEY FRIENDS, HOW WAS THE UPDATE?

SO FINALLY THE PROLOGUE PART HAS COME UP. EXCITING?

SHIVAAY NOW HAS JUST ONE WEEK. WILL SHIVIKA MEET AFTER THIS? YES OF COURSE THEY WILL BUT HOW? WHERE?

STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER UPDATES.

ANNE