Hello Roommate! (1)

Aki laid on his back and stared at the ceiling. Sometimes life's twists and turns lead you in ways you would never expect. When he woke up this morning, he never thought that it would be his last day in his apartment. Nor did he expect to start living with Liam.

He sat up as his eyes roamed around the room. His room. It was bigger than his previous one and the bed was a lot comfier. The walls seemed thicker too. So even if he decided to play his Emergency Playlist in full blast, it would not be heard outside.

"What a luxurious place," he muttered.

He laid back again and placed his hands under his head. So many things had happened in the past days that he barely had time to breathe and think. What he would give to go back on easy days.

But there was still something good that came out of all of these. With his grades in jeopardy and on the verge of being homeless, he forgot about his heartache. He was able to put Zy aside which he had not done since-- ever since they met.

Not that he started thinking about Zy, the pain slowly crept in. What was he doing? Probably bugging Drew. Was he happy? Most likely. Was he... was he thinking about Aki even just one bit? Probably not. Zy had not texted him since that day.

He rolled to his side until he was lying on his stomach and buried his face on a pillow. 'Stop it. Stop thinking. Stop loving. Just stop.'

Aki remained in that position for who knows how long. His mind wandered on fleeting thoughts going in and out of his mind. Just as he was about to fall asleep, Liam knocked on the door. Aki hurriedly stood up and opened it.

"Were you sleeping? I was wondering if you're up for some tour?"

Liam first took him within the building premises. There was a gym with a pool and sauna beside it on the 5th floor which Aki could use. There was also a roof deck. In case Aki got hungry, there were restaurants below the building in which residents could get a discount.

"But don't worry, I always stock foods in our fridge. You can eat them any time," Liam said.

Aki wondered if that meant there were easy to eat foods like the ones on the convenience stores or Liam's handmade foods. He dismissed the last thought right away.

Once they were done, they went back to the house and Liam took him to the other rooms he had not been too.

"The room opposite yours is my room," Liam pointed next in a room with a glass door, "and that's the study."

"What about that room over there?" Aki glanced at the closed door beside the study.

Liam hesitated before answering. "...that's a storage room."

Aki blinked a couple of times. Did he just...pause?

The tone told Aki that that was the end of the discussion about that room so he no longer asked. But when somebody told you about a secret room, it was hard not to think about it. More like, they were begging you to think more of it.

Could Liam hide his porn collections in that room? Or maybe he was into bondage and that was where hid his toys?

Aki sneaked a peek at the man beside him and was met by the other's easy smile.

"Do you want to have dinner?"