Sleepover (5)

There was a disfigured man who killed people and ate the faces of his male victims and he was now facing the abused wife of one of his victims. It was an intriguing encounter and Aki was momentarily taken in by the scene if not for the stiffening he felt under his head.

Aki could have sworn that he was lying on the couch so it was in no way able to flex or even have a muscle. He glanced to his side and jumped up.

"I'm sorry!" Aki whispered to Liam. He did not realize that he was using Liam's arm as a pillow. No wonder it felt warm and relaxing.

"It's fine," Liam whispered back. "You're free to use it." He lifted his arm, welcoming Aki back.

Aki tilted his head to the side as if considering before shrugging. "Alright," and dived back to Liam's arm.

Aki tried to get back to the movie but his head felt hazy that it was getting harder to concentrate. His attention wandered along with his eyes and caught sight of Liam's fingers lightly drumming on the couch. He suspected that Liam draped his arm over the back of the couch to look casual instead of fretting over some flicks.

His eyes traveled to the other's fingers and remembered that Liam hurt them while cooking. Aki reached out only to stop upon realizing that he was resting his head on the hollow side of the elbow. In one slide, Aki moved his head and pulled Liam's hand towards him.

He stroked the middle joints of each finger, careful lest he made the injury worse. At last, he found a small bump on top of the other's ring finger.

"Does it hurt?" He asked as he brushed a finger lightly over the blister.

Their faces were close but Liam leaned forward to see what Aki was referring to. "I'm fine. It's a minor burn. Doesn't hurt."

Aki hummed in response and continued to stroke Liam's finger. He went back to the movie but his eyes wandered around again and landing on Liam's side profile. Liam did his best to keep his eyes on the screen, trying so hard not to be obvious when he flinched at the scary scenes. For reasons beyond him, Aki found it cute.

Liam was focused on the movie that he did not realize that Aki was watching him. Aki got a great idea and brushed a finger on Liam's cheek, keeping the touch featherlight.

To his surprise and amusement, Liam almost jumped up from the couch. With his sudden movement, Aki tumbled to Liam's shoulder when the arm around Aki flinched.

Aki buried his face in Liam's shoulder, muffling the sound of his laughter. He peeked at the corner of his eye and found Liam huffing which sent him to another round of laughter.

When he recovered, he leaned on his side facing Liam. "You're scared of horror films."

Liam sent a quick glance towards Drew and Zy. Aki almost forgot about them.

"Don't worry they're not paying attention." Zy usually chooses the floor to be closer to the screen when watching. And he would not budge until the movie ends. Naturally, he was sitting on the floor this time too with Drew joining him.

Aki poked Liam's cheeks as his expression turned serious. "Why did you agree if you can't handle it? We could have chosen a different film."

Liam sent him a quick glance before returning to the screen. "Because it's lame and laughable. Or at least, that's what I was told."

"It's not."

"You just laughed." Liam pointed out.

Aki furrowed his brows, hating his earlier self. "...Sorry."

Liam massaged Aki's eyebrows. "It's okay."

"You're quite enjoying it though," Aki said. Despite what Liam said, he kept on watching even if it scared him.

"The story's interesting. But the suspense is killing me. It's bad for my heart." Liam chuckled.

"I can recommend a few more to get you used to it."

Liam turned sharply at Aki. "Please don't."

When Liam turned back to the movie, Aki had the urge to turn Liam's face away from it and back to him.

"What's your grandmother like?"

It was Liam's turn to furrow his brow at the sudden question. And it was Aki's turn to massage those lines. Liam smiled.

"She was quite strict but she was a very good cook," Liam said. He then proceeded to tell Aki about his grandmother and how he lived his childhood.

"Sorry, is it boring to you?" Liam smiled apologetically.

Aki shook his head and smiled. "Tell me more."