Lips (2)

Mia rolled her eyes at her cousin and turned to Aki. "What do you think Aki? Isn't he dashing?"

Aki flicked his eyes over to the customer. "He's... okay."

"Just okay?" Mia sighed dramatically. "Not your type? What's your type then?"

Aki licked his dry lips as he thought for an answer. "Someone clean... I think."

"Clean? What does that mean?" Mia asked while Liam peeked under his lashes ever so slightly then returned to his notes as if nothing happened.

Aki acted like he was busy reading his notes. He could already feel his face heating up. "Clean cut... clean-shaven...someone refreshing to look at."

Mia regarded him for a while that made Aki blushed harder before saying, "I see."

There was something in Mia's tone that Aki could not help but glance at her but she was already rising from her seat. Meanwhile, Liam did not pay them the least bit of his attention.

"Good to know that I have less rival for him. Well then, back to work. Don't want to ruin your study date any further. And don't forget the party." With a wave, she left.

Aki was sure he was red from head to toe. He shook his head to clear his mind and tried concentrating again.

What Mia said made Aki curious and he found himself shooting glances at the customer, paying extra attention to his so-called beautiful lips. The customer sat not too far from them, his every move visible to Aki. Yes, he was handsome. Yes, his lips might be appealing for some especially if their type was those with sharp cupid's bow. He never really cared about another person's mouth, much less feel attracted to that particular part.

'But if we're talking about attractive lips...'

His eyes traveled from the customer to the guy in front of him. Liam pored over his book, knitting his brows as he skimmed through the notes and biting down his lower lip as he thinks as if that part tried to catch Aki's attention.

As Aki thought, there was nothing special with Liam's lips. Nothing remarkable. It was just another body part. But that mouth could do wonders. Those lips spoke of the most interesting topics, expressed the most caring words, and carried a warm and easy smile all the time. That made it a lot more attractive than any other pair of lips.

'It really does many wonderful things,' Aki thought as he found himself licking his own lips. The blush that had subsided came back in full force when he realized what he was doing. 'It was dry,' he reasoned to himself and tried to stir his eyes away from Liam and back to his boring books.

His mind settled in study-mode again to his relief, only to be distracted by the vibrations on the table. Both of them looked up from their notes and stared at Liam's phone. Aki continued studying as Liam read his text.

"Oh no, it's from my mom"

Aki looked up in alarm and saw the horror dawn on Liam's face. Liam met Aki's eyes and answered his unspoken question.

"My grandmother got hospitalized again."