His girlfriend?

Aki's mouth watered as he watched Liam prepare the chicken noodle soup in front of him. Liam told him that it was good for hungover. Just the aroma of the food made him forget the headache he was feeling.

He took one spoonful after another. It seemed like the food tasted a lot better with every scoop.

"Good?" Liam asked.

Aki did not have time to answer him. He was busy inhaling the rest of his food.

As he was eating, Liam's phone rang. Liam's smile was immediately wiped off his face as he excused himself and took the call to another room.

Aki wondered who would have called that made Liam look like that. He was usually all smiles. But he did not have to wonder long when Liam immediately came back from his call.

"If you still want more, there's still some left on the pot. You can reheat it if it gets too cold," Liam said, grabbing his keys and wallet on the countertop.

"Going out?"

Liam grimaced and nodded but did not explain further. Though he smiled a bit when he said 'see you later' to Aki. Then, before he could react, Liam was out of the door.

Aki went back to his food and lazily poked at his chicken. Somehow, the place had gotten big and quieter again.

'Could it be... a girlfriend? But that reaction... a fight then?'

When Aki walked right into Karen's confession before, Liam said that he liked someone so he definitely had a girlfriend. But what kind of girlfriend? He imagined the kind of girl Liam was dating. Maybe someone tall and slim like a model. Was she older? Younger? 'She must also be pretty.' No one at the campus knew of the girlfriend so perhaps she was from another university? A girlfriend back home?

But Chris mentioned about Liam getting hurt. Was it one-sided then?

Aki scratched his head and continued eating. 'Why am I thinking about all this?' Him being bothered at Liam's love life baffled him the most. It could even be an entirely different reason from what he imagined. Besides, it was not his business whatever Liam do in his love life.

But then again, it was like catching a glimpse of the private life of your favorite celebrity, you could not help but get a tiny bit interested.

His phone buzzed at that moment. He opened the message and it said:

[Reminder, your bill amounting to xxxxx is due today. Please pay immediately to avoid disconnection of service.]

Aki squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. He totally forgot to pay his phone bill. He checked his bank app right away, crossing his fingers that he still had enough money to pay it. To his relief, his money was enough to pay his bills. But not enough to pay the succeeding ones, on top of his rent and tuition fees.

Once he was done paying, he got up and decided to look for a job.