Question for Candor: OneHellofaGrell!

OneHellofaGrell's Question: 

Candor always confuses me whenever he opens his mouth... Hey, Candor! If you were a thief-person-thingy and lived on the streets for most of your life, how is it that you have such a good vocabulary and education? 

Me: I was actually waiting for a question like this. *looks pointedly at Candor* You're like an enigma with this.

Candor: Why? It's rather simple, isn't it? When I was younger, before... *scowls* My mother was a well-educated herself, brilliant, really. But my father didn't care much for her talents; he only liked her lovely features. However, when I was a child, she was fond of talking to me as though I was an adult, using complex words and ideas I couldn't have hoped to understand at the tender age of seven or eight. I held on to much of what she told me, though, and I've sorted it our over the years to what's relevent and what was just my mother's fancies at the time.

Me: So it's sorta like you were homeschooled, without the real schooling?

Candor: Crude, but correct.

Me: It's sweet, if ya think about it. What she taught you is how you still cling to her memory, right?

Candor: *face darkens* Author-chan, you are aware that I am more than prepared to make good on my previous promise, yes?

Me: *looks anxiously at OneHellofaGrell* Uh, thanks for the question? Ask again whenever! Gotta go, now, sorry! *disappears*

Candor: *rolls eyes and walks off*