9

~0~

     "(S/n)! (S/n)! Look!" I ran up to my older sister. She turned to me, curiosity evident in her (e/c) eyes. I handed her a pink and purple rock. "Look what I found!"

     "It's beautiful, (Y/n)," She smiled down at me.

     "I want you to have it!"

~0~

     When school started back up two days later, I had ignored my classmates talking about what had happened, waiting until Iida barged into the room and up to the front. "Everyone! Be quiet and get in your seats!"

     I laughed quietly as my classmates pointed out that they were all sitting. It wasn't even a minute before the door to the classroom opened, revealing Aizawa. His face was covered in bandages and his arms were both in slings.

     "My well-being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over just yet. The UA Sports festival will start soon."

     Once everyone was done cheering, Kirishima's voice could be heard, "Let's go kick some ass-" Kaminari put his hand in the red head's face.

     "Is it really a good idea to have the sports festival so soon after the villains attacked us?" Jirou asked.

     "They could attack again when we're all in the same place," Ojiro added.

     "Apparently the staff believes this is a good way to show that the problem has been taken care of and that our school is safer than ever," Aizawa explained. "Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a major opportunity for all students at UA. It isn't something we can cancel simply because of a few villains.

     "Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games, but then quirks appeared. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of both scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's really only one tournament that matters. The UA sports festival.

     "If you want to be a pro one day, this event could open up a path for you. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime, no aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. Which means that none of you better not slack off on your training.

     "Class dismissed."

~

     "Guess Kei and Hoshi weren't joking when they said we're gonna have to find someone else to sit with during lunch from now on," I told Denji when we noticed that our older siblings were sitting with three other third years.

     "Where are we gonna sit, then?" Denji asked, looking around the cafeteria. 

     I scanned the room as well, my eyes landing on a certain table when I noticed two free seats. "Let's sit with Mina, Baku, Sero, Kami, and Kiri," I suggested. Noticing Denji's rainbow eyes widen slightly when I mentioned Bakugou, I added, "Just for today at least. If you don't like it, then you can sit somewhere else tomorrow."

     Denji sighed a bit before saying, "Fine."

     With that, the two of us walked over to the table. Stopping in front of said table, I asked, "Hey, mind if we sit with you guys?"

     "Yeah, go ahead!" Kirishima said. I smiled towards him and took a seat next to Kaminari while Denji took the seat besides Kirishima.

     "Why the fuck are you two sitting here?" Bakugou asked in his usual tone.

     I looked at the ash blond hedgehog as I answered, "Are we not allowed to sit with friends?"

     "Since when were you friends with any of these losers?"

     "Since now."

~

     We were all minding our own business in our classroom when suddenly a large group of other students were at the door of our class, allowing some of my classmates to ask stupid questions.

     "They're scouting out the competition, dumbasses," Bakugou pointed out.

     "Baku's right. The sports festival is coming up," I added.

     "Damn right, I am- wait, what did you just call me?!" Bakugou turned towards me.

     "Baku. Am I not allowed to call you that?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

     "Tch," Bakugou turned back towards the door and continued to walk forward. When he stopped right in front of them, he said, "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now, move it, extras."

     "So, this is class 1-A. I heard that you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an asshole. Is everyone in the hero course this delusional or are you the only one?" A boy with purple hair pushed his way to stand in front of Bakugou. "How disappointing to come here just to find a bunch of ego-maniacs. I wanted to be in the hero course. But, like many others here, I had been forced to choose a different course. Such as life.

     "I didn't make it the first time around. But, I have another chance. If any of us do well enough in the sports festival, the teachers have the ability to transfer us to the hero course if they decide to. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

     This caused a few of us to tense up, including me.

     "Scouting the competition. Maybe everyone else is. But, I'm here to let you know that if you don't try your best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."

     Bakugou and the purple-haired dude stood there for a few seconds, just staring at each other.

     "Hey! I'm from class 1-B, next door to you! We heard you guys got to fight some villains. I came to see if that was true! You're just a bunch of brats who think they're better than us!" A boy with silver hair shouted from within the crowd.

     I watched as Bakugou just ignored the boy and walked through the crowd. "Dude, where are you going? You gotta say something! You're the reason why they're hating on us, Bakugou!" Kirishima said.

     "They don't matter," Bakugou answered. "The only thing that's important is that I beat them."

     "I hate how manly of an exit that was," Kirishima said as Bakugou left.

~

     "So, you sitting somewhere else today?" I asked, Denji. It was lunch the next day.

     "I'd prefer to," Denji said, looking around the cafeteria. "I just don't know where."

     I scanned the room as well, my (e/c) eyes landing on a certain group of five. "Why not with them?" I asked, gesturing to the table I had spotted.

     "With Midoriya and them?"

     "Yeah, why not? If that doesn't work, we can try somewhere else next time."

     Denji nodded before starting to walk towards the table. He stopped when he noticed that I hadn't followed, though. Turning to me, he asked, "Aren't you coming?"

     I shook my head. "Nah, I'm gonna sit with Baku and them." Noticing his slightly nervous expression, I added, "You'll be fine without me. Now, go make some friends."