Hizuki Miori

Name: Hizuki Miori

Quirk: Cougar
     -allows the user to do what a cougar can do
     -abilities include: being able to see better in the dark than a normal person but can't see in complete darkness, being able to extend and retract the finger nails and use them like claws, and being able to run faster and jump higher than the normal person
     -user can run up to 54.7 to 62.7 kilometers per hour (34 to 39 miles per hour) and jump vertically about 3.5 meters (about 11.5 feet)

~first person~Hizuki Miori~

     I was seventeen. My family had died in an explosion just a week prior. It wasn't planned, at least, that's what I was told.

     I was walking around outside and had come across the destroyed building. The bodies had already been collected and buried. For now, it was just a pile of rubble waiting to be taken care of. 

     Of course, it wasn't just open to the public. The area was blocked off due to construction. That didn't stop me, however. It actually wasn't too hard to get inside of, at least for me. I'm not fully sure why, but there wasn't anyone inside that I could see of. So, I decided to take the chance to walk around. 

     I stopped walking and turned to face what remained of the building. There had been only one family that survived. I won't lie, I wish that family had been mine.

     Tears were running down my face. I didn't move. Someone placed their hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see a man with black hair and silver eyes. I had instinctively extended my nails and was ready to fight- even though I knew next to nothing about fighting.

     "Hizuki Miori, correct?" The man asked. I hesitantly nodded. "Come with me."

     He didn't give me a choice before pulling me along the sidewalk. "Who are you?" I asked, trying to free myself of his grasp.

     "My name isn't of any concern to you."

     "Where are you taking me?"

     "You'll see."

     I narrowed my eyes at him. I used my quirk and my free hand to try and scratch the man. He used his other hand to catch mine, however. "Tsk. Tsk. You shouldn't try to escape, Miori."

~

     Why didn't I try harder to get away from him? Or even deny what he said? My life would have been so different if I had. For instance, I wouldn't be in this situation.

     He wanted me to kill them. I didn't.

     I let his words get to me. I regret it.

     He wanted them dead and used me to do it.

     I became his puppet.

     This isn't what I wanted to do with my life. It's too late now, though. The damage is already done. All I can do now... is run.

     There were four of them that I was supposed to kill, but I only killed three. I let the little girl get away. I knew exactly where she had been hiding, but I didn't want to kill her. I'd feel too guilty. She hadn't done anything wrong.

     I had heard her climb the tree and cross the fence. I didn't look there, though. I could hear her faint, muffled sobs coming from the neighbor's doghouse.

     She was only four. I didn't want to kill her. So, I left.

     I thought he would be satisfied, but apparently he wasn't. He wanted the little girl dead, too.

     "I want her dead. I don't want anyone in that family alive."

     "She's only four! Chances are she won't even remember what happened."

     "I don't care. I want her dead."

     "I won't do it."

     "You must kill her. Or I'll kill you and your brother," he had said.

     "But my brother's already dead..." I looked at him, confused.

     He chuckled. "He survived the explosion. But just barely. He hadn't been far behind the family you killed."

     Why didn't anyone tell me the truth? They had all said that his body was lost in the rubble... How did he know?

     I didn't question him, though.

     I didn't have that much of a choice. If he was only threatening to kill me, I would just let him. But that's not the case. I had to choose. The life of a little girl, or mine and my brother's life. In my head, the choice was clear.

~

     I'm surprised he hasn't killed me and my brother yet. It's been ten or eleven years since I killed that family. My brother's fully recovered and healthy. He doesn't know about the situation I'm in, though. Then again, he doesn't really care about my personal life.

     I've encountered her twice, now. The first time, I almost succeeded. I only failed because of two of her classmates showing up. The second time, we just talked until two more showed up, being led by a red and white-haired boy. I had wanted to tell her the real reason, but I wasn't able to. I wouldn't have wanted to risk it, anyway.

     I think the only reason my brother and I are still alive is because that man has been extremely patient with me. The first time he asked why I hadn't killed her yet, I had told him that she had left town. I wasn't lying, she had been moved to the other end of Japan.

     I wasn't actively trying to track her down. That's the only reason it took me so long to find her. If it wasn't for the UA sports festival, I wouldn't have found her when I did.

     The reason I was able to attack her in the first place was because I managed to join the League of Villains. I had quickly managed to befriend Himiko Toga. I'm still not sure how, but she managed to figure out about that guy and his threat.

A/n time

So I hope you enjoyed this little backstory chapter, but here's some backstory for her creation.
~
When I had first introduced this villain as Fukushū to the dude helping me write this story, he had pointed out that she was a "dumbass bitch" and I didn't really like that idea, even though I was the one who made her that way. So what I did, was I kept on thinking about things that could make her less of a dumbass bitch. Now, for what I'm about to say to make sense, you guys need to know that throughout writing this story, me and the dude helping me have been sending each other ideas for the story (mainly me but he occasionally does) and I came up with this one idea. I can't say what it is because that would lead to some major spoilers, but it includes the League of Villains. I really liked the idea, but one thing didn't fit together.

Would Fukushū act like this?

So, I got to thinking. It actually didn't take me very long to come up with an idea that I liked, it just needed some editing. But there was one thing I didn't like. It felt weird to keep referring to her as Fukushū. I wanted to give her a proper name. This probably took me a lot longer than her backstory. I wanted a name that you'd expect a sociable girl to have. I don't know what to say besides that I eventually came up with Hizuki Miori. I should also mention that Hizuki had taken the idea that (Y/n)'s family was the reason hers died just to try and trick her brain into thinking that's why she wanted to kill them.

I should probably also mention that this will tie in with the story, but (Y/n) and everyone still believe that Hizuki is a dumbass bitch. At least, for now they do.

Anyway, the next chapter will be back to normal story!