40

I stood outside of the exam location with the rest of my class. 

     "Ugh... I'm starting to get kind of nervous," Jirou said. I nodded in agreement. 

     "I wonder what they're gonna make us do," Mineta said, shifting from one foot to the other. "What if I can't get my license?"

     Aizawa spoke. "If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros. I expect your best."

     "All right. I can't wait to be a heroic chicken," Kaminari said. 

     "Same," I tried to stop myself from laughing. 

     "Let's call out the usual, you guys. On my mark," Kirishima said. I looked back to see a student from another school approaching from behind. "Go plus... Ultra!"

     "Ultra!" The dude behind Kirishima shouted as well. 

     "Y'know, it's pretty rude to barge into other people's huddles like that, Inase," A dude behind him said.

     "What? Pardon me," Inase said. "I am so... very... extremely...sorry!" As he spoke, he bowed so low that his head was touching the ground. 

     "Who is this guy? I don't trust his enthusiasm," Kaminari asked.

     "Wise choice, Kami. Wise choice," I patted the electric boy on the shoulder as I agreed with him. 

     "Hey, look at their uniforms," Jirou said. 

     "They're from that famous school on the other side of Japan," Sero quietly said.

     "UA in the East. Shiketsu in the West," Bakugou said. 

     "I wanted to say it just once. Plus Ultra! See, I really love UA High School. I am extremely honored to compete against such incredible students. I'm so looking forward to it!" Inase said. 

     His yelling made me want to back away, but I stood there with my class. His yelling was very enthusiastic. I'm really only used to Hoshi yelling positive things at people, so this was a bit odd for me. 

     The other students behind him started to walk to the building. One girl stopped to look at the blood running down Inase's face. 

     "Inase Yoarashi," Aizawa said. 

     "Do you know that guy, Mr. Aizawa?" Hagakure asked. 

     "Yeah. He's strong," The teacher answered. "He's the same year as you all and received the top scores for students admitted through recommendations. But for some unknown reason, he turned down his acceptance to UA and went to Shiketsu."

     I glanced at Yaoyorozu and Todoroki. 

     That guy got the top scores? So he beat Todo and Yaomomo?

     "Eraser? I'd know that scowl anywhere!" A girl with green hair said. "I saw you on T.V. and at the sports festival. But it's been a while since we were this close in person."

     "She looks familiar," Midoriya pointed out. 

     "Let's get married," The woman said once she was standing in front of Aizawa.

     "No," Aizawa said. 

     The lady started to laugh. "You're a real laugh-riot, buddy."

     "As usual, you're impossible, Joke," Aizawa said. 

     Midoriya started to be the fanboy he is and go on about this hero. "Oh, that's Ms. Joke! The smile hero! Her quirk is Outburst! She forces people around her to laugh, which affects their ability to think and keeps them from being able to move. Her fights against villains are always full of insanity!"

     She held up a thumbs-up to Aizawa. "Come on, imagine it! If I was your wife, you'd have a future full of constant laughter."

     "That sounds like an actual nightmare."

     She started laughing again. "It seems like you two are close," Tsuyu pointed out. 

     "Our agencies were near each other. As young heroes striving to make a difference in the world, a mutual love bloomed."

     Aizawa quickly cut her off to say, "No, it didn't." 

     "I do miss your quick retorts! You're my favorite person to tease, future husband."

     "So, Joke. If you're here, then that must mean..."

     "That's right! Over here, everyone. This is U.A," Ms. Joke called behind her. A group of students started to approach us. "Second years from Ketsubutsu Academy. This is class 2. They're my students."

     One boy went up to Midoriya and grasped his hands around the smaller broccoli. "Hey, I'm Shindo! Seem's like U.A.'s had a lotta trouble this year, musta been tough for you." 

     He then jumped over to Kaminari and did the same to him. "But even so, you're all still aiming to become pro-heroes despite those hardships." 

     He then jumped to Jirou. "It's wonderful!" 

     "Hearts full of fortitude! I believe that's what every hero in the world needs to have." Shindo then turned to Bakugou. "And Bakugou. It must've been hard for you what with that whole kidnapping incident." 

     "Huh?" 

     "You have an especially strong will, don't you? Today, I'm gonna do my best to learn from you. I really hope you don't mind," He held his hand out to Bakugou. 

     Bakugou slapped his hand away. "Stop pretending. What you say doesn't match the look in your eyes."

     The expression on Shindo's face seemed to become less happy. Kirishima stepped forward. "Hey, man, don't be so rude! Sorry, he's just like that." 

     "It's fine. It proves how tough his heart is," Shindo said. 

     One girl then ran up to Todoroki. "Hey, Todoroki! Can I have your autograph?" This caught my attention. "You were so cool at the sports festival!" Something about her didn't really sit right with me. I couldn't place what, though.

     "Seriously? Stop fangirling," One dude next to her said. 

     Mineta appeared behind her. "I'd be happy to sign somethin' for ya," He said. 

     "Hey. Get your costumes and head to orientation. There's no time to waste," Aizawa said.