66

~first person~(Y/n) (L/n)~

     When Keijirou had been discharged from the hospital, I had gone back to the dorms to wait with the rest of my class. "(Y/n)! How's your brother?" Iida asked, greeting me.

     "He'll be ok. His back is definitely going to have some scarring, but nothing hit anything vital," I explained.

     Iida gave a small nod. "That's good to hear. I'd hate for (L/n) to suffer a similar fate as my brother." As Iida spoke, I noticed Todoroki got off the elevator.

     "He got pretty lucky. I'm not sure what would've ended up happening if he had gotten paralyzed or..." I trailed off. 

     I'm not sure what I'd do if that happened again.

     I had stopped paying attention to my surroundings as my thoughts started going. It wasn't until I had felt someone gently place their hands on my shoulders that I snapped out of my thoughts. "(Y/n)? You okay?"

     I looked up at the boy who was now in front of me. I hadn't said anything, but my expression was all Todoroki needed. He looked over to Iida and said, "Excuse us," before guiding me towards the elevator.

     As we had got to the elevator, Midoriya, Kirishima, Uraraka, and Tsuyu entered the dorm building. I looked at Todoroki and quietly said, "You can go talk to them, if you rather. You don't gotta worry bout me." I tried giving him a small smile.

     He saw right through it, however. He shook his head. "I'll talk with them later."

     The elevator doors closed as I said, "Really, it's ok. I know you were worried about Deku since this morning."

     "But right now, I'm more concerned about you."

     A small smile appeared on my face as he said that. It wasn't long before the elevator doors opened again and we stepped out. Without speaking, Todoroki guided me to his room. Once we were inside and he had closed the door behind us, he asked, "Did Iida say something to you?"

     I looked at the red and white haired boy, confused. "Huh? About what?"

     "You looked like you were about to cry and Iida had said that you two had been talking."

     "Well, he didn't do or say anything wrong."

     Todoroki's normally expressionless face turned into one of concern. "Did something else happen?" There was a very brief pause before he added, "Is (L/n) ok?"

     I looked away from him as I said, "Yeah, Kei's fine. His injuries were deep but not where they'd prevent him from doing anything."

     "You've been at the hospital since this morning, did something else happen?"

     I shook my head and crossed my arms as if I was cold. "No. Nothing happened."

     "Did I do something?"

     My (e/c) eyes widened and I looked at him. I quickly approached him and gently took his hands in mine. "What? No, of course not. Why would you think you're the reason why I was about to cry?"

     "It just seemed like I've been the reason why you've been crying recently."

     "It's not really because of you, though."

     Todoroki was silent for a moment. "So why were you about to cry?"

     I looked away from him once again. "A couple things just finally sunk in, I guess."