32

~first person~(Y/n) (L/n)~

     I regained consciousness the day after we were brought to the hospital. I had opened my eyes to see a boy with red and white hair about to leave the room. "Todo?" I tried to ask, but ended up coughing. It had hurt my throat to speak.

     Apparently, while I had been out, Recovery Girl hadn't been able to do all that much for me since I didn't have enough stamina. 

     Todoroki instantly turned to face me. "You shouldn't be talking," He pointed out as he walked back over to me.

     I ignored what he said and spoke anyway. "Thank you. I know you and Baku stopped that villain from killing me." I kept coughing, but I wanted to thank him.

     "You're going to make your injury worse if you keep talking."

     "Then find another way for me to communicate."

     Todoroki glanced at me before grabbing a spare dry-erase board and marker. He handed it to me as he sat down in a chair next to my hospital bed. I smiled at him before writing something on the board.

How's Denji?

     Todoroki took a brief second to read what I had written before answering. "He's fine. He has a couple of scratches but he's more concerned about Hagakure."

     I laughed lightly before coughing. That villain's claws did some serious damage to my neck.

What about Bakugou?

     Todoroki looked away quickly before looking back at me and saying, "The villains kidnapped him."

     I stared at him, shocked. So much seemed to have happened while I was out, what the heck.

Is anyone else missing?

     "Ragdoll."

What the hell? What would the villains want with Bakugou and Ragdoll?

     Todoroki didn't answer. He started to get up and was about to say something, but I quickly wrote something else down.

I've said it before, but thank you. I guess I owe you for saving me.

     Todoroki smiled softly before saying bye and leaving the room. I sat there, staring after him.

     The next day, Todoroki returned to my hospital room. We talked for a few minutes. Well, it was more of him talking and me writing on the dry-erase board.

     "Come on, I talked to the nurses and they said you could walk around the hospital. We should join our classmates in Midoriya's room," Todoroki said. He stood up and held out his hand to help me stand up. I swayed slightly since I hadn't stood up all day.

     Grabbing my dry-erase board and marker, I followed Todoroki to Midoriya's room. I only had bandages around my neck, so I didn't have to take anything else with me. The rest of the class were just entering Midoriya's room when we got there.

     "Have you seen the news? Reporters are all over the school right now," Kaminari explained.

     "It's even worse than last time," Sato pointed out.

     I stood between Ashido and Tokoyami, only partly behind Todoroki. Mineta held up a watermelon. "I brought a gift! I mean, it's from all of us. It's a melon."

     "I apologize. I caused you trouble, Midoriya," Tokoyami said.

     Okay, what else did I miss?