74

"Shinsou!" Ojiro yelled. I just stood there, slightly surprised to see the purple-haired boy.

     I managed to overhear Aoyama asking Ojiro something. "If you talk to him, you'll be brainwashed, right?"

     "If you've never seen it before, you're done for," Ojiro answered. 

     Mineta seemed to have also heard it since he said, "But what about Midoriya? He got caught in it but he was able to cancel it out."

     "Honestly, that was just a fluke," Midoriya told the midget. 

     "Go ahead and greet everyone," Aizawa told Shinsou. 

     "I know I've already encountered many of you at the sports festival, but you won't catch me thinking that we're all buddies now that we've exchanged blows. I'm not some good-natured person trying to tout a superficial sense of sportsmanship. The fact of the matter is, I've gotten a late start and I've already been left in the dust by hundreds of steps by you all... I'm sorry, but I'm desperate," Shinsou said. "I will become a great hero, so that I can use my quirk to help others. All of you here today are obstacles that I must overcome. I have no intention of making friends."

     Everyone started to clap. "That's quite the glare," Uraraka observed. 

     "Things are getting tense," Tokoyami said. 

     "It's like I'm looking at Earlyroki," Sero said, looking back at Todoroki. The nickname made me laugh a little bit. 

      "You think?" Todoroki asked the tape man.

     "Yep," Sero answered. 

      "I like this one," Monoma said. 

     "Alright, let's get right down to it then," Aizawa stated. 

      "Combat exercises!" Vlad King announced. "This time around, it's a battle between class A vs. class B! And the stage will be this section of training field Y! Each side will split up into groups of four, and one team from each will battle it out at a time!" 

      "Four to a team, eh? Sounds fun!" One lizardy girl from class B said. 

     "Fun," Another girl repeated. 

     "Including Shinsou, there's 43 of us. How're they gonna deal with that odd number?" A dude in class B asked. 

     "Today, Shisou will be participating in two battles. One on class A's side, and one with class B. In other words, out of five matches, two of them will be 5 vs 4." 

      "But that means the teams with only four have a clear disadvantage!" Hagakure pointed out. 

     "Trying to integrate Shinsou, who has next to no experience, into your team of four will likely be an even bigger disadvantage. It's true that the team of five has the numerical advantage, but they'll still have a handicap."

     "The setting for this battle is 'the heroes move to surround the villain group and capture them'! Each team shall perceive the other as 'the villains'! Once either team captures four members of the other, it's their victory!" Vlad King explained. 

     "They have been saying that the villains are becoming organized, after all," One girl from class B said. 

     Tetsutetsu put a fist to his other hand and said, "Nice, and simple. I like it!" 

     Another person in class B said, "We're supposed to be heroes, and yet to our opponents, we're villains? So which is it?! What are we?!"

     Staying calm, Yaoyorozu replied with, "I think it's perfectly fine to consider yourself a hero!"

     "In each team's camp, we've installed a 'wicked cute irredeemable prison'. The moment you imprison your opponent in there, they'll be considered 'captured'," Vlad King explained. "That means rendering your opponents unable to fight close to your own base would would be the most efficient. But that sure won't be easy..." 

     "'Once either team captures four members of the other'... so that's the handicap, eh?" Bakugou questioned. 

     "Yeap... Not only do you have to team up with an inexperience member, but also, even if you're a team of five, you'll still lose if four of you are captured," Aizawa explained. 

     "So you're saying we have to fight while carrying a dead weight, is that it? Assholes," Bakugou commented. 

     "Cut it out, dude! That's such a rude way of saying it!" 

     "It's fine. It's the truth, after all," Shinsou said. 

     "You're the one leaving him in the dust in terms of virtuousness!" 

     As Vlad King and Aizawa started to hold up two boxes, I went ahead and said to the two teachers, "Since class A has 22 students while class B has only 20, I'll willingly join class B's side to make it a bit more even. Otherwise, there'll end up being three groups of five on class A's side instead of just one or two."

     Aizawa and Vlad King both nodded in approval. "Very well, you may join class B for this," Aizawa said. 

     "Alright then," Aizawa started. 

     "Time to draw lots," Vlad King announced. 

Class A, team 1: Tsuyu Asui, Kouji Kouda, Denki Kaminari, Eijirou Kirishima

Class B team 1: Kousei Tsuburaba, Hiryu Rin, Jurota Shishida, Ibara Shiozaki

Class A, team 2: Yuga Aoyama, Momo Yaoyorozu, Tooru Hagakure, Fumikage Tokoyami

Class B team 2: Manga Fukidashi, Shihai Kuroiro, Itsuka Kendou, Kinoko Komori

Class A team 3: Tenya Iida, Mezou Shouji, Shouto Todoroki, Mashirao Ojiro

Class B team 3: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Sen Kaibara, Juuzou Honenuki, Pony Tsunotori

Class A team 4: Katsuki Bakugou, Kyouka Jirou, Hanta Sero, Rikidou Satou, Denji Hoshikofu

Class B team 4: Kojirou Bondo, Yousetsu Awase, Setsuna Tokage, Togaru Kamakiri, (Y/n) (L/n)

Class A team 5: Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, Mina Ashido, Minoru Mineta

Class B team 5: Reiko Yanagi, Nirengeki Shouda, Yui Kodai, Neito Monoma

     "Alright Shinsou, go ahead and draw yours," Aizawa told the purple-haired student.

     "You'll join the teams of each number you pull," Vlad King reminded him. Shinsou pulled team 5 for class B and team 1 for class A. 

     "I know one of ours said some nasty stuff, but let's try and get along all the same! It's a pleasure workin' with ya!" Kirishima greeted Shinsou. 

     "Give me all the details about your quirk," Asui asked. 

     "You've got the face of a popular guy. I bet you're popular with the ladies, yeah? Trust me, I can tell," Kaminari observed. 

     "Thanks for having me," Shinsou responded. 

     Monoma greeted Shinsou with the same volume he always uses. "You're good! Yes, veeery good! Let us join forces and give that deplorable class A a nice thrashing!"

     "Don't mind him. He always takes things too far," Shouda said. 

     "Thanks for having me," Shinsou repeated. 

     "You'll start in your own areas. The time limit is 20 minutes. If you're unable to finish the match in that amount of time, the team with more members remaining wins," the teachers explained.