38

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining a provisional hero license," Aizawa announced. 

     "Yes, sir," We all replied. 

     "Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is going to be very difficult. Only half of the students that take it pass the tests required for these permits each year," Aizawa announced.

     "It's that hard?" Mineta asked. 

     "In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new." The door opened, catching our attention. In the doorway stood Midnight, Cementoss, and Ectoplasm. "Two ultimate moves."

     The three heroes entered the classroom. "When we say 'ultimate,' we mean a move that will ensure you will win against your opponent," Ectoplasm said. 

     "An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths," Cementoss added.

     "Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro-heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools," Midnight finished. 

     Aizawa spoke again, "This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma." 

     So that's exactly what we did. 

     "Gym Gamma, also known at the Academy as the 'Training Dining Land' or TDL," Aizawa explained. 

     "This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name," Cementoss said.

     Iida quickly raised his hand. "Please, allow me to ask a question. What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?"

     Calm down, Iida.

     "The job of a hero is saving people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course, the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things. It won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will also be judged. In addition to how well you can communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year, a new test is used to evaluate these qualities," Aizawa explained. 

     "One thing is especially important," Midnight stepped forward, holding up a finger. "If you want to be a pro-hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry. And those of you with an ultimate move will have better results."

     "Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you will become a great asset on the front lines," Cementoss added.

     "Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack. Take Iida's Reciproburst, for example. This sort of temporary speed boost is valuable enough that it falls into the category of excellence that we're looking for," Ectoplasm pointed out. 

     "So it's basically our secret weapon. Something that gives us enough edge that we can win no matter who or what we're facing," Satou said.

     "There's a smart boy. For example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his Lacquered Chain Prison to capture opponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see," Midnight said. 

     "The training camp was interrupted. But the practice you did get in to develop your quirks was part of the process needed to create these defining abilities. Now that you're caught up-" Aizawa paused for a second as Cementoss created pillars of cement.

     "-You'll be working hard to develop powerful moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you will spend the remainder of your summer vacation. Prepare for intensive training," Aizawa said. Ectoplasm had made clones of himself on each of the pillars. 

     "In addition, you should think about how you can improve your costumes, especially now that you have a better understanding of your quirks. I expect each of you to go Plus Ultra. Do you have it in you?"

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter, but the next one should be back to normal length