63

While we were running down the hallway, Kirishima tried to get the BMI hero's attention. "Fat Gum! You really just gonna leave him alone back there? What are you thinking?"

     "He's from your agency, so I left the decision to you. But are you sure that he can handle them?" Rock-Lock asked, looking back at Fat Gum over his shoulder. "Seems a little risky."

     Tamaki's strong, and Fat Gum knows that. 

     "I believe in him. He's stronger than anyone here. His only weakness is self-confidence. The pressure to do things perfectly sometimes leaves him feeling crushed. Breaking his spirit. And yet, he's risen to become one of UA's Big Three under those conditions. So I trust him when he says he can take down those thugs by himself. If he believes in himself, I believe in him," Fat Gum explained. 

     We continued to run down the hallway. "Oh, man. Amajiki," Kirishima said after a bit. "I'm really worried about him." 

     "Seriously? He stayed behind so we could keep going without having to worry about the ones behind us! A real hero would trust him!" I told the red-haired first year. 

     "Yeah, he'll handle it, no problem!" He said.

     "It doesn't take much to change your mind, does it?" Midoriya observed. 

     "(L/n)'s right! All we can do is have faith in him!" Kirishima told the green-haired boy.

     "We can't afford to waste a second of the time Suneater bought us!" Fat Gum told us. 

     "All right! Let's go!" Kirishima shouted. 

     "Strange. The guy who was manipulating the building seems to have eased off for some reason," Eraserhead pointed out. 

     "Yeah, you're right. It's not twisting anymore," Midoriya agreed. 

     "I'd expect him to throw as many obstacles in our way as he could in order to trip us up. If he's not, maybe that means his awareness and control doesn't expand through the entire place. There's also the police squad up above. It's possible he decided to focus all his attention on them instead," Eraserhead theorized. 

     "So there's a limit to how much of the building he can keep tabs on?" Rock-Lock asked.

     "It's just a theory, but maybe rather than having been assimilated into it, he's moving around inside the walls to monitor what's going on. So when he does take control of an area, perhaps his true body is nearby," Eraserhead explained. 

     "If he pokes an actual eye or an ear out to keep track of us all, that'll be all it takes. I just need to see him."

     We all continued to run down the hallway. Suddenly, a pillar in the shape of a hand shot out of the wall towards Eraserhead. The pillar was pushing the hero towards the opposite wall. "Eraser!" Kirishima yelled, turning around. 

     Quickly, Kirishima and Fat Gum lept towards the pro-hero. Fat Gum had managed to get Eraserhead out of the way, and also unknowingly absorbed Kirishima. "Be careful, Fat!" Eraserhead told the hero as he was taken instead of Eraserhead. 

     We didn't waste much time before we got back to running down the hallway. "Hurry! We need to quickly catch up to Mirio!" Sir Nighteye reminded us.

     We all stopped. "No! Again?" Midoriya said, taking a step forward. The hallway had started to change. "It's moving! The ceiling, the walls. Everything!" 

     "They're closing in, fast!" The detective said. 

     "He's trying to crush us," Eraserhead pointed out.