29

~third person~

     Denji looked as if he had just fallen out of a tree. "Bakugou? Todoroki? What are you two doing over here? And why is (Y/n) unconscious?"

     "A villain attacked her and left when we showed up," Todoroki explained simply. Denji nodded, watching as Todoroki managed to get (Y/n) onto his back.

     "We should keep going or the next group will catch up with us," Denji pointed out. So that's what the three did.

     While they were walking Todoroki asked, "(Y/n)'s family is currently alive, right?"

     "Yeah, why?"

     "Before the villain left, she said that (Y/n) would have to wait to join the rest of her family," Todoroki said.

     "Oh, you mean that family," Denji started. "Yeah... they're... dead."

     "What do you mean by 'that family'?"

     "Her birth family. They apparently died, but (Y/n) never told me why or how. She hasn't talked to anyone about it, actually. Not even Keijirou."

     "Isn't (Y/n) related to Keijirou?"

     "Uh, not by blood. Keijirou's family adopted her when she was six."

     The area fell quiet again until they heard Mandalay's voice. "Everyone! Two villains have attacked us. It's possible there are more coming. Everyone, you all need to return to camp immediately. We're regrouping. Do not engage any enemies."

     "We need to get back to-"

     A villain appeared. Mandalay's voice didn't take long to reappear, though. "Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of the pro hero, Eraserhead, you've been granted permission to engage in combat! I repeat. Use your training. You may fight these villains."

     Bakugou seemed to smirk slightly at this news.

     "We've discovered one of the villains' targets. It's a student named Kacchan. Kacchan, you should try to avoid combat. And stick to a group. I hope you can hear me!"

     At this point, Bakugou was rushing towards the villain, but was stopped. As what seemed to be teeth were getting closer to him, Todoroki created a shield of ice in front of Bakugou. "Don't rush into this fight carelessly!" Todoroki reminded the boy.

     In front of the boys, the villain used his quirk to lift himself up into the air. While the villain growled, Todoroki spoke, "Weren't you listening to Mandalay? They're here because they're after you."

     "Telling us not to engage and then changing their minds. I don't know how, but I get the feeling this is fucking Deku's fault," Bakugou said. He jumped out from behind the ice and shouted, "Well, I don't care what anyone says!"

     Todoroki stopped him by sending the ice in front of him again and towards the villain. The villain managed to dodge the ice and spun through the air, out of sight. "Damn it! He's good at moving through this terrain with his quirk."

     "This freak. He looks like a scrawny little sidekick to me! C'mon, ya bastard!" Bakugou said as he moved to lean forward.

     The villain rose from behind a tree.

     "This clearly isn't his first battle," Todoroki pointed out. "We can't start fires around here! The flames will spread! Everyone could die if we aren't careful. Do you understand me?"

     "Yes, I get it! I'm not a dumbass!" Bakugou retorted.

     Todoroki looked behind him. Denji was there, using his quirk to watch for anyone approaching them.

     The villain was constantly attacking the wall of ice, occasionally breaking through it. Denji turned around. "Hey, I see three people headed this way! I think it's our classmates..."

     Not even a minute later, Midoriya and Shouji could be seen running towards them. "Bakugou! Todoroki! One of you. Give us some light!"

     The villain tried to attack Shouji and Midoriya, but was stopped by Dark Shadow. "He's attacking blindly, I'll use my fire-" Todoroki said, going to put (Y/n) down.

     "Wait," Bakugou stopped him. He was waiting and letting Dark Shadow take care of the villain. When that was done, Bakugou and Todoroki rushed at Dark Shadow. Todoroki was using his fire while Bakugou made small explosions.

     Together, the two managed to calm Dark Shadow down so that Tokoyami could regain control over his quirk. "We could barely defend against that guy, but you beat him instantly," Todoroki pointed out.

     "I don't know if you heard Mandalay, but I figured out the villains are after Kacchan," Midoriya stated.

     "Bakugou? Are they trying to kill him?"

     "I don't know. But I think we should get back to camp. It's the safest place right now, so long as Vlad King and Mr. Aizawa have regrouped there."

     "So our mission is to get Bakugou back to safety by serving as his protectors."

     "It's possible that the Pussycats are still fighting in the clearing. Going that way would draw the attention of the villains. Plus, it's longer. We should cut straight across."

     "We don't know how many enemies there are. We might come across some by chance."

     The rest of the group continued to watch as Tokoyami and Midoriya made a plan. "Honestly with a group like this, we could probably go up against All Might," Midoriya stated.

     "I'd be fine on my own!" Bakugou said.

     "We'll surround you as we walk," Todoroki ignored Bakugou's statement.

     "I don't need any of your fucking protection, dammit!"

     Again, Bakugou was ignored. Shouji took the lead. He was followed by, in order: Midoriya on his back, Todoroki with (Y/n) on his back, Bakugou, Denji, and Tokoyami.

     The group had reached another part of the path. There, they saw Tsuyu hanging by her hair and Uraraka sitting on top of a villain. "Uraraka!" Midoriya called out.

     The villain quickly threw Uraraka off of her and moved to the trees. Before she left, she said, "There's too many people here now, and I don't feel like being killed tonight. See ya."

     "Who was that girl just now?" Todoroki asked, approaching Tsuyu and Uraraka.

     "One of the villains. She was crazy," Tsuyu explained.

     "Uraraka, you're hurt!" Midoriya pointed out.

     "It's not bad. I can still walk okay," Uraraka replied. "You're the one who looks terrible!"

     "We can't stand here and talk. Let's move," Shouji insisted.

     "I'm just glad you didn't get injured too bad. Now come on. Join our group," Midoriya suggested. "We're protecting Kacchan and making our way back to camp. We could use your help."

     "If you're protecting Bakugou, then, shouldn't he be standing here with you guys?" Tsuyu asked.