19

The cut he made was actually pretty deep. Blood was running down my face and I currently couldn't do anything to stop it.

     I could only watch as Todoroki created more ice. Stain easily broke through it, though. He flung himself at Todoroki. As Stain got closer to him, his left side lit up with fire.

     I could hear what Todoroki was telling Iida. "Stand up and be Ingenium! Become the hero your brother wanted you to be!"

     Todoroki sent a wave of fire towards Stain, which the hero-killer dodged. "Watch your right!" Midoriya warned. Todoroki sent up an iceberg, one that Stain bounced off of as Todoroki sent more flames towards him.

     Stain kept trying to run at him, but was stopped by Todoroki's flames each time. "Hasn't anyone told you that you rely on your quirk too much? It makes you a careless fighter," Stain pointed out.

     My eyes widened in shock as I tried to push myself to get up to try to help Todoroki, but failed. Stain had reached Todoroki, and seemed as if he was about to cut his left arm off. "Todoroki!" Midoriya and I both called out.

     Behind Todoroki, Iida had managed to stand up. "Recipro Burst!" Iida yelled as he started to run towards Stain and Todoroki. Thanks to his quirk, Iida managed to prevent Stain from cutting off Todoroki's arm.

     "Todoroki... Midoriya... (L/n)... This has nothing to do with you three. I apologize," Iida said, out of breath.

     What's he going on about?

     "I'm okay. And I won't let the three of you shed any more blood because of me!" Iida said.

     "It's no use trying to act as if you're a hero now. A person's true nature doesn't change within just a few minutes. You'll never be anything but a fake who prioritizes his own desires. You're the sickness that's infected society and ruined the name 'hero.' Someone must teach you a lesson," Stain went on.

     "You're a fundamentalist lunatic," Todoroki commented. "Iida, don't listen to this murderer's nonsense."

     "No. He's entirely correct. I have no right to call myself a hero... at all," Iida said. "Even so, there's no way I can back down now. If I give up, then the name 'Ingenium' will die!"

     When Stain started to move forward, Todoroki pushed Iida out of the way as he used his flames.

     "Idiots! That villain is only after me and the kid in the white armor! Stop fighting back! Just get out of here!" Native called.

     "I doubt that he'd let us run even if we wanted to," Todoroki pointed out.

     As Stain managed to get out of the fire, Todoroki used his ice to try and stop Stain. Except Stain just kept cutting through Todoroki's ice. Stain managed to get to the other side of Todoroki, causing him to use his fire.

     As Stain threw a knife toward Todoroki, Iida moved his arm so that it wouldn't hit Todoroki. In response, Stain threw another knife at Iida that caused him to fall to the ground.

     I tried to move again, and found that I could get back up. I quickly ran over to Midoriya, whose leg was bleeding. "Midoriya, you're bleeding. Let me help. It won't be much, but it'll be better than nothing," I insisted. When the broccoli nodded, I quickly did what I had done with Todoroki's arm earlier.

     Once his leg was wrapped in web, Midoriya activated his quirk and took off towards Stain. I knew there wasn't much I could do right now, so I just made my way over to Todoroki in case I could help him somehow.